Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,235   Online: 864

Shooter
    35mm

Alec Fry ("Polysales") from Southern England

Following a Google search, I noticed my name coming up in a few threads here, so I thought I'd just say I'm still around - well, just about - but long since retired! I am flattered to see that out old photo catalogues from the 70s onwards are still in demand - collectors' items, eh? And I was just about tready to dump the lot...

Best wishes to all,
    Alec.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Alec,

Good to know you are still around and retired.

Your catalogues etc were very useful and I bought a lot of Polysales items from them and found the Polysales mail order service to be excellent. In fact I still have two have those filter funnels you produced (a red and blue) and I still use them for all my film processing! They must have been the best photographic buy I ever made with 40 odd years of use and still going strong.

All the best,

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I'm amazed !!! Yes, I to used to deal with you -- I still use a 'Changing Bag' and a Polysales Flash Umbrella -- it's a bit DIRTY by now !!
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Alec,
    I'm a former customer who's also retired, I was only thinking about Polysales a few weeks ago when I came across the catalogue in my basement while looking for something else, your company sold so many useful items that nobody else did, many of them I'm still using, anyway best wishes and have a happy retirement.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Alec, I remjember the Polysales catalogues, what a shame there aren't companies like yours around now.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Alec -- I have no idea what Polysales was, but welcome to APUG!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Alex and welcome to APUG. I like old stuff myself.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Many thanks Neil, Ben, Pentaxpete, benjiboy and Ian,

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. It's good to know that I'm still remembered, and the products still in use. Yes, I also still use one of those blue funnels, also the polythene measures with a clip-on base, and other useful odds and ends. I still have a full set of those little Camerachat magazines, the Polyguides, and lots of memorable pictures: of the opening of the first shop with Neville Maude and Victor Blackman in shot, Reg Mason presenting a very hairy me with the Retailer of the Year award, a few motor racing shots of mine which Victor Blackman kindly rushed to the Daily Express via his dispatch rider... those were indeed happy days.
    Alec

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alec, I just bought an MPP Microcord to use here in the UK and guess what I've dug out to use with it

Not sure where I got these from (probably ebay) but they were sat in Turkey unused - I've another set of filters for my Yashicamat, so I brought them home to use then bought the MPP a few days ago. Thought you'd appreciate that some of your products are still in use.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As seemingly I'm uninitiated: the british Polysales seems something like the US Spiratone. Am I right?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin