Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,918   Online: 1179

Thread: a-ha ?!

Shooter
    35mm

a-ha ?!

Hello LFF and APUG !

..so this is how it feels ! .. this strangely dim and inverted world ! .. its utter simplicity - to simply sit there in all earnestness and leave the process of seeing (and then making) entirely to me !

did you also make your first on a polaroid ? after choosing a subject which you thought "come on, it should be so easy to shoot this" ? and then run to key in "heck, how to make polaroid images under tungsten light (without immersing the frame in an yellow sea)" in the search box ? and then, next morning, hop around like a rabbit, when you see green as green and blue as blue in a white-bordered frame ?

did your wife (who makes very intellectual and high-abstract images) also look strangely at why i felt the fence, the yard or the earth-mover across the street have suddenly become so creative for a composition ? or, glare unbelievably "you gonna carry __this__ up the mountain in our next hike?" question right below her brows* ?

did you also have that raw-purist-resolve somewhere deep in your tummy that you will not take a digital photo of your first ever analog shot ? [and then scheme an immediate-widening of the big hole in your pocket so it can fit in that best scanner you can afford ? (and thereby also transform whatever was below those brows* into two balls of fire ..?) ]

there is definitely something too very very very special about making things by assembling and touching pure machinery, going about all those motions till you hear a sweet jewel-like unwinding of the copal .. !

it is going to take a while before i post something that i "make" .. but damn, i feel like celebrating my birth here-today !!

greetings to you all! and a toast of photons (from the city of bergen, where clouds very occasionally give visas to those photons wanting to touch down)!,

;-p r a b u!

( who is sensing his rabbit-genes are actually on "sinaroids" ! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings, my friend; welcome to the forum!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love your introduction, a heartily welcome from the Netherlands! Should be be getting back into it myself again after a break... your story is help.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from about 8,000km away! Great write-up that most of us relate to in one way or another...
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, and thanks for your very well-written introduction.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin