Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Greatings from The Great White North (Canada eh)

I have been lurking for some time now and thought I would introduce myself. I have only returned to film after about a 30 year time out. I have developed 4 36 exp. films and made proof prints and have also made a few enlargements in the last month or so. I mainly shoot B & W, like shooting landscapes and anything old (cars, farm machinery and buildings). It is almost like riding a bicycle except it doesn't hurt when you fall off.

I use a Canon AE-1 Program as my main camera, I also have a Minolta X-370 as a back up. The Canon has a 50 mm f1.8 lens along with a 70-210 zoom f4.0 Canon lens. I also have the A power winder and the Speedlite 199 flash unit. The Minolta has the standard 50 mm f2.0 lens along with a 28 mm f.2.8 and a 70-210 zoom lens. I have a Durst F60 enlarger with the 75 mm lens that came with it and just recently bought a Minolta 50 mm f 2.8 lens. I also have the masks for doing 35 mm film and the film carrier is for 6X6. Darkroom is just temperarely set up in the garage. It works for now but come winter time I may not be doing as much enlarging as I would like too.

There has been some great reading here, and have enjoyed myself, hope fully some day soon I can get a scanner so I can share some of my work and get some tips from the pros here.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back to film and APUG Mike!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    From a fellow Canuck on the Prairies, welcome to APUG.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome aboard Mike. I am don and live just west of Ottawa. If you are ever in this area maybe we could hoist a couple

Feel free to email me a

lightwisps@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Mike and welcome to APUG. I also like to use Canon FD system.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Mike, from the left coast.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mike, from a Canuck living in Japan!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Mike, from another Left Coaster!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from another F.D. user in England.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin