Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,731   Online: 843

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Greetings from Boston

Hello all... I had seen this forum over and over when searching online and finally decided to join.

I am 27, located in Boston and am a 100% analog shooter now. I started off with photography about 2006 when I needed to photograph paintings I was making in college and couldn't afford someone to shoot my work professionally. From there, my interests really shifted from painting to photography but I've essentially always been a loner so my journey has been pretty solitary. I grew up in a pretty working class family and area, art is certainly not something people talk about or value so it came to a real shock when my friends and family found out I was interested in it, never mind studying it in school.

I worked hard, invested in great digital gear... pro glass, all that jazz. Tought myself how to edit work in post, started creating nice work but ultimately I hit a point where I felt my work equally belonged to a computer, there was no tangibility there for me.

I finally accepted the urge to use film, this coming from someone who had never used film EVER. I'm glad I made the switch, did my research and came across an RB67 ProSD in amazing shape for pretty low cost. Made the plunge and am never looking back.

Anyway, thanks for all the future advice you'll be giving me!
    Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Dan and welcome to APUG. I also have an RB67, great camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome!- I am Mass guy as well. I live near New Bedford. Where do you have your film processed?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Dan, from an RZ user.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Dan !

I finally jumped on The RBandwagon67 last month.

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dan -- nice intro. It's really great to have you here on APUG!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! I'm a displaced New Englander. APUG's a great place for info. Watch out if you get together with the NE gang from here - I think I blame them for adding 4x5 to my formats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been getting my film down at Colortek... which I never knew had a bad reputation. I'm really new to this so I can't tell you what a roll looks like if its been poorly processed. I went to a small catholic high school, no budget for the arts so I've never stepped foot in a darkroom.

They are cheap though, 7.50 for a roll of e6 compared to 12.50 at Dorian.

Images
    Good Morning, Dan,

Welcome from southwestern Illinois.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, welcome from just a bit north and west of Boston. We'll get your processing your own film soon enough, in the meantime, Color Services in Needham to a good job processing film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin