Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,507   Online: 1155

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Roberto, my friend!
    Welcome to apug.

Very nice to have you here!

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank all you guys for the warming reception.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Roberto- I've added a link to your blog on my photography blog. I really like your postings. Thanks again for joining APUG!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Roberto- I've added a link to your blog on my photography blog. I really like your postings. Thanks again for joining APUG!
    You really think so? Thank you. Your blog is great too. Best Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Roberto and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

E-6 home processing efforts

Hello all,

Excuse me gentlemen, I'm a newcomer to APUG and just caught on this thread which greatly interested me and so I decided to post this. I would like to address Mr. Miglioli in particular on whether he's been sucessful in trying to perform process E-6 at home. Nothing equals Fuji Velvia 50's color palette and naturalness in my estimation, and so I feel just 'half pleased' by the results digital gear provides me with. The ability to develop E-6 at home with ease and a good outcome is a very appealing idea indeed.

I feel much too worried now that Kodak has ceased all of its slide film production and at the same time we don't really know what Fuji's next move will be in the medium-term. Photography will be dead to me if I should find myself left with no options but digital equipment, whose color palette performance is in fact poor and exhibits a marked and noticeable decay in quality as illumination levels fall down, leaving but distasteful browns, greens and grays behind it - a synthetic-clad visual aesthetic we have come to witness everywhere. It's ridiculous the world at large bought this 'digital lie' unquestioningly as something sacrosanct and reacted monolithically without protesting. But I digress!

Please let me know what your advances have been.

Wram R. C. Accorsi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wram View Post
    Excuse me gentlemen, I'm a newcomer to APUG and just caught on this thread which greatly interested me and so I decided to post this. I would like to address Mr. Miglioli in particular on whether he's been sucessful in trying to perform process E-6 at home.
    Welcome Wram,
    processing E-6 at home is perfectly feasible and many, myself included, do it normally.
    I use a rotary processor, a Jobo CPP-2, which greatly simplifies things.
    Strictly speaking though a rotary processor is not necessary and you will find people developing slides without it.

You will find plenty of threads in the forum about it. If you have any question, doubt etc. feel free to ask it in the Darkroom -> Color: Film, Paper and Chemistry section.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roberto - hello and welcome to APUG!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin