Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 728

Shooter
    Multi Format

DPT student here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Calvin and I am coming from POTN as I shoot a 5D2 with various lenses. I am also a DPT student (Doctor of Physical Therapy). I've been suffering from GAS and have been collecting film bodies as I find good deals on them. Unfortunately, that's really the extent of it. I've put rolls through all of them, but none have been used extensively. But I'm looking to change that!

My digital gear:
    5D2
    35L
    40 2.8
    50L
    85 1.8
    135L
    16-35L
    24-70L

My analog gear:
    Canon A1 with 50 1.8 and 28 2.8
    Canon A2 (I use my "digital" lenses with this body)
    Canon Canonet QL17 GIII
    Olympus Stylus Epic (x2)
    Yashica Electro 35 GSN
    Yashica T4 Super
    Yashica Mat 124G

I've never developed my own film but that's why I came here. Hope to learn a ton of info!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome,
    we don't care about the thousands you blew on digihell. Sell that crap and buy some film!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

Welcome to APUG. Many of us actually use both film and digital, myself included. I tend to shoot film for B&W and digital for color. I actually prefer B&W for my own work, however. Here on APUG, we only talk about film/analog stuff except for rare cases where digital technology is used to support film use.

Anyway, welcome to APUG. My recommendation to you is just start using what you already have and do a lot of it.... My personal belief is that I am a photographer and photograph is what I make. Choice of gear and medium is secondary to my goal. I choose the best method available to me for a given situation.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome!

Do you really need all this digital stuff, or actually, any of it? Your possibilities can be virtually limitless with your Canon A1 and its two lenses together with the Yashica Mat. Buy paper and film for a long time from the money you'll get for your digital gear and your chances are high you'll find way more happyness this way than with evil GAS.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys are letting your bigotry blind you. All the 'digital' stuff he has, except the body, are Canon EOS lenses that work perfectly well with film. Canon did make EOS film cameras, you know...my recommendation to him is buy an EOS film body and use his very excellent Canon EOS lenses on it.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    (The A2 is a different name for an EOS 5.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My apologies, everyone. I'm familiar with DPUG, but I didn't realize that it is so taboo to mention anything of digital nature here on APUG. But I guess there's a reason the two forums are separated. My intent was not to stir any trouble. As other members have mentioned above (and as originally stated in my OP), I do use all of my "digital" lenses with my A2 (and Rebel G, but not for long as I am selling that).

Regarding my digital gear, no, I don't "need" any of it. Then again, I don't "need" any of my film gear, either. Photography is a hobby for me (it used to be a business before I started graduate school). I think tkamiya said it best. I am a photographer and photographs are what I take. I use the different tools for different jobs, neither medium - analog or digital - are "best" for me. I choose my tools based on assignment (whether that be for me or a client).

That all said, no more talk of "digihell" gear! I'm here to learn about film - specifically, how to develop!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Calvin and welcome to the Analog Photography User Group.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Calvin

A very warm welcome to APUG. That's a nice camera collection you're starting and a great set of lenses you have to shoot on your A2

Andrew

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin