Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,516,004   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Glad to have found you!

Hi Everyone.
    I am so glad to have found this web site! It really is hard to find traditional photography exchange these days.
    I am relatively new to photography, although I have a fine arts background. I have only been shooting since July of this year. I have been extremely lucky and have relied on my connections in the art community, thus securing my place in a few fine art gallery exhibitions. I have even sold 3 prints!
    I look forward to learning a lot from everyone and also being inspired by the images posted by this talented group.
    Cheers,
    Avery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Avery!

You'll find all varieties of experience and outlooks here. One big thing on apug is that the vast majority of the folks here are not just tolerant of people of different levels of experience or flavors of creative bent, but downright encouraging. They hail from just about everywhere in the world, too.

I first joined apug a few days short of a year ago, and subscribed (a one-time pittance) to show my support in August. Not only is there an abundance of expertise and well-expressed opinion, there are numerous activites that devirtualize this community. Note the Member-Organized Functions topic. I just counted no fewer than eight activites (print and negative exchanges, topical shooting challenge, postcard exchange, traveling group portfolio, etc.) and several activites specific to a given region. The postcard exchange has me running to my mailbox every day to see if a new hand-crafted postcard has arrived yet.

The effect of apug.org on my creative life has been nothing short of profound. To be sure, when you join this community, whether you're just inclined to lurk or you want to dig in and be one of the few with 1000+ posts, it's a given that you'll find yourself in very very good company.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    To be sure, when you join this community, whether you're just inclined to lurk or you want to dig in and be one of the few with 1000+ posts, it's a given that you'll find yourself in very very good company.
    Avery, jump right on in and enjoy. This is THE BEST photographic community on the net bar none, though you can take Kevin's note about those with 1000+ posts with a grain of salt. I'm almost there and I sure don't make a lick of sense about anything!

*Note: for some reason southern cliches just keep jumping into my sentences tonight
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Avery, from another relatively new participant. Lots of nice folks here. Myself excluded, of course. ;-)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome Avery - just time left for a belated Merry Crimbo as well As has been said you've found the best community so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum and find it of benefit.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Avery from Hawaii. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum. It has indeed been a source of inspiration for me, and I'm sure it will be for you also.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Avery,
    Welcome to APUG. It is a great place to visit, learn and meet some very interesting people.

Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Lots of nice folks here. Myself excluded, of course. ;-)
    Especially RalPh, he's VERY interesting.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Hello from Portland,Oregon.

Welcome to the family, Avery. I've found this site to be very interesting and thought provoking. I hope to see your images in the Apug galleries.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Avery!
    This is a great place to learn, make new friends and see some very, very good photos! I think you'll enoy things here!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin