Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,879   Online: 1089

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Philly

I live in Philadelphia Pa. I am the owner of a Nikon D800. I have never used film since I just got into photography when the digital era started.

I am looking for a Nikon film camera and was directed to this site from PlanetNikon to ask questions and read the posts and learn all that I can about shooting with film.

I am not really interested in developing my own film but I would like to be able to print my own photos. I enjoy photographing landscapes, macro and abstracts.

Robin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up KEH used cameras. Go to your local library and look it up. BTW welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Robin. The Nikon F100 is a well-regarded film camera. I'm sure you will get many suggestions.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome! I second the suggestion of an F-100; it will work with all of your (non DX) Nikon DSLR lenses, has a feel comparable to modern DSLR's, and are readily available in the $200 range. Also, if you're in Philly, the Calumet has a great film selection in stock to choose from. I will make the suggestion of having your film developed at a quality lab, not the local 1 hour.

-Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Nikon F-100 is probably the best 35mm SLR that Nikon made. I have one that I use for black & white photography and as a spot meter with a 28mm to 200mm Nikon zoom lens when I need one for the Hasselblad or one of my 4"x5" cameras.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would go with an F100 or F5. If money is no object, the F6 is a fantastic film body, I can't say enough good things about it.

Processing your own film is so easy, there's no reason you shouldn't do it. It'll save you a lot of money, give you a LOT more control over your process, and if you're going to be setting up a darkroom anyway, its a bit of a no-brainer.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG! Developing film is not hard. At least give it a few tries before you discount it. Film is a lot of fun.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Robin and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin