Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,964   Posts: 1,523,308   Online: 1236

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That's not only lame, it's a scam, I like the idea of cloud software in the way apple handles it, you buy it and its updated for free, not this yearly subscription BS, what if I want to keep the same app for a few years before upgrading, can I still edit my website or will I be stuck till I pay them.

Sure i have the new Lightroom but I have cs3 dream weaver because I don't need to update it, it works for me. Grrr the times they are a changin'

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is a real role for subscription software, but that role is for software that is specialized, flexible and robust, and of the type that often requires knowledgeable application support.

The law office management software I used to use was sold on a subscription basis, and the support was invaluable, because the people on the other end of the line knew about how law offices worked, and how their software could be used to solve problems.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

New Website

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There is a real role for subscription software, but that role is for software that is specialized, flexible and robust, and of the type that often requires knowledgeable application support.

The law office management software I used to use was sold on a subscription basis, and the support was invaluable, because the people on the other end of the line knew about how law offices worked, and how their software could be used to solve problems.
    Ok that makes it much better if there is support with the payments.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Hi all,

Just completed the redesign of my website using Adobe's latest web program called "Muse." Only two galleries so far, but more will be added in the near future.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Thanks for taking a look.

Walt

great work ( and looks GREAT ) !
    i always enjoy looking at your portraits

oh, i am using a hobbling-along g5 p-pc with safari 5.0.6
    people who are using orphaned-old-stuff get a nice view too ( thanks! )

- john
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

New Website

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    great work ( and looks GREAT ) !
    i always enjoy looking at your portraits

oh, i am using a hobbling-along g5 p-pc with safari 5.0.6
    people who are using orphaned-old-stuff get a nice view too ( thanks! )

- john
    People stil own non-intel Macs? LOL

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin