Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,720   Online: 969

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website

Shooter
    8x10 Format

New Website

Hi all,

Just completed the redesign of my website using Adobe's latest web program called "Muse." Only two galleries so far, but more will be added in the near future.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Thanks for taking a look.

Walt
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like it. Great photos.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beautiful photographs, Walt. Your portraits exude comfort and happiness. I slightly miss knowing what is in them, I suppose a caption of sorts, perhaps because I am not familiar with their context. I fully respect that you may not wish to place any text whatsoever, to make the pictures speak by themselves, in which case, my apologies for suggesting something you may have already thought through.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I certainly do like your photos. Very good.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Website

On my phone, the photos don't often finish loading before the photo changes, I would put some kind of limiter that only starts the view time once the photo is fully loaded in case people have a slow Internet connection. Though the fact it loads on my phone is good

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wonderful art! Motion or implied motion permeates. Outstanding! Website worked great iOS.
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the good words.

I had captions on my old site but found most people never read them.

The image jump while loading happens on laptops and desktop machines until all the images are fully cached. Usually clears after one full cycle. Will have to explore if there is code I can include to hold the slideshow sequence till everything is loaded.

Was concerned if Adobe's Muse would write "junk" code to mess up the appearance on certain browsers. Muse isn't perfect, but a heck of a lot easier to use then Dreamweaver.

Glad to hear it works on iOS. I don't have an iPhone so could not test. Those using iPads have not had problems.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Website

Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Thanks for the good words.

I had captions on my old site but found most people never read them.

The image jump while loading happens on laptops and desktop machines until all the images are fully cached. Usually clears after one full cycle. Will have to explore if there is code I can include to hold the slideshow sequence till everything is loaded.

Was concerned if Adobe's Muse would write "junk" code to mess up the appearance on certain browsers. Muse isn't perfect, but a heck of a lot easier to use then Dreamweaver.

Glad to hear it works on iOS. I don't have an iPhone so could not test. Those using iPads have not had problems.
    Is muse expensive? I need something simpler than dreamweaver to redo my website

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Adobe Muse can only be purchased as a monthly or yearly license from Adobe's "Cloud." With an educator's discount it is costing me $180 per year for the license.

http://www.adobe.com/products/muse.e...?promoid=JBVVQ

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Website

Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Adobe Muse can only be purchased as a monthly or yearly license from Adobe's "Cloud." With an educator's discount it is costing me $180 per year for the license.

http://www.adobe.com/products/muse.e...?promoid=JBVVQ
    That's not only lame, it's a scam, I like the idea of cloud software in the way apple handles it, you buy it and its updated for free, not this yearly subscription BS, what if I want to keep the same app for a few years before upgrading, can I still edit my website or will I be stuck till I pay them.

Sure i have the new Lightroom but I have cs3 dream weaver because I don't need to update it, it works for me. Grrr the times they are a changin'

~Stone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin