Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,666   Online: 1026

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Grüezi from Zürich

Hello everyone

After lurking for some months on this board and reading up on my new-found passion of analog photography, I thought it might be time to introduce myself.

My name is Marcus, of German nationality but living in Switzerland for the past 12 years, the last 6 of those in Zurich.

I came to photography as a hobby in general only about 3 years ago, trying to capture some decent images of our dog Muffin. But after having taken about a bazillion pictures of dogs in any imaginable situation I began to lose interest. And that's when analog photography stumbled into my life. I happened to borrow my colleague's Canon A-1, put my FD 55/1.2 on it, which I had originally bought to use on my Sony NEX, and fell in love with the shooting experience as well as the resulting pictures.

I have been shooting almost exclusively analog for about half a year, developing b/w myself and recently started printing in my converted-kitchen darkroom.

My most used gear is currently my M645 1000s with an 80/1.9, a Rolleicord Vb and of course my Durst M70 Vario. I also use a whole bunch of Canon 35mm cameras, among which my favorite is probably my Canonet QL-17. Or the EF. Or maybe the A-1?

Film favorites so far are Ilford Delta 400 and Porta 160, but there are still so many films and developers to try that I expect that may well change.

Very well, that's pretty much it. Thank you guys for being such an invaluable source of information for someone new to the hobby, I'll try my very best to listen patiently and maybe even contribute a little.

All the best

Marcus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Marcus and welcome to APUG. I have an A-1 also.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Marcus !

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gruezi wohl (von Basel). I am always happy to find other traditional photography enthusiasts in Switzerland. I used to live in Zurich but moved to Basel 2 years ago. I know a good bunch of guys (great bunch of guys) in Zurich and Zug. There is a great shop in Zug (ars-imago) where you can get anything you like including advice :-)

Welcome to APUG, there's is a very deep wealth of knowledge here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Marcus.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Marcus and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Grüezi from Melbourne!

I'm in Zürich for a week or so pretty much every year - love the place! Had great results processing E6 120 film at Photo Studio 13 near the Hauptbahnhof...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much for the warm welcome!

@ghostman: Thanks for the tip with ars-imago! I have been a customer of theirs ever since I started with film and basically get all my supplies from them. I have yet to visit the store but the online experience is top notch.

@munz6869: Studio 13 is indeed awesome, I take my C-41 films to them. And the best part is that I work at the Limmatplatz, so it's only a 5 minute walk. Lucky me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin