Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,032   Online: 1155

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hi from Vancouver Island

Migawd, I thought I was the last holdout for "analog" photography.

I need some help, that's what brought me here, but now that I am here I really appreciate the format.

It appears that all my local sources for colour print chemistry have dried up, so am going to experiment with commercial (Fuji) chemistry in a small drum. I got a good amount of Colorprint RA chemicals from a retired processor. Now I have to figure it out.

Anyone out there tried this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Thomas!
    I have no idea how to help you, but I thought I'd at least welcome you to APUG! I'd be willing to bet if you post your question in the color forum topic here, someone will be able to help you!
    In the meantime, welcome!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Thomas, welcome from Hawaii. You will find lot's of analog minded people here, those that post images to the gallery are especially welcome - although, not required, but highly encouraged.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Thomas, sorry I'm not into colour but there's plenty of experts here that I'm sure can help you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Thomas! I too can't help with your question, but wanted to say welcome. Where on Vancouver Island do you live? I love it up there. I'll never forget a family trip we took up there one year to Ucluelet (sp?). Everyone else went out fishing and I wandered with the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ucluelet is a handful to spell

Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    Hi Thomas! I too can't help with your question, but wanted to say welcome. Where on Vancouver Island do you live? I love it up there. I'll never forget a family trip we took up there one year to Ucluelet (sp?). Everyone else went out fishing and I wandered with the camera.
    You were bang on with the spelling.

We are indeed in gods country for photographers. I am on the other side of the island, Ucluelet is on the ocean (west) side. But on this side we have what are called the Gulf Islands. You can't miss a good shot here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad to meet you. Yes, this is one of the last bastions of analogue, but you'll find no enclave mentality here. Sure, most of us hold small arsenals, peer out from behind net curtains and have bunkers in our back gardens, but, hey, thats normal, right?

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    The last that I knew Annie M lived in Sooke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin