Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,458   Online: 1062

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Cardiff, Wales

Just thought I'd say a quick hello

I live & study in Cardiff, fluent Welsh speaker - I'm studying radiography & I'm still gutted that all the hospitals have gone completely digital, would love to be able to process x-ray film just to have the experience!

I'm fairly new to the darkroom, having only been occasionally developing for the last three years, but I've been interested in photography since having my first camera. I have a few old film cameras & recently acquired a box of 30ish that I'm trying to work my way through to check if they still work. In the last month or so bought everything I need to develop off eBay & have developed a few rolls at home, taking over the bathroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

When I learned to read, I was taught that the vowels were "a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes y and w". Of course no one could give me an example of "w" acting as a vowel. It was in Conwy [pronounced: con oo e] that I finally found an example. Then I figured out that 'w' is a silent vowel in "yellow" and "hollow", a long vowel in Conwy, Gwendolin and Llewellyn, and a diphthong in "cow" and "now". Now if I could ever learn to pronounce the full and proper name of Landfair PG ...
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there & good to see a fellow brit/UK here!

FWIW I think that some dental practices still use x-ray film - not the same size as the hospitals but might give some experience of "trad" x-rays. Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Supersara and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out! The places I've worked in so far have 'digital' dental film, which look like black memory cards & have a special reader. I still have 1.5 years to go before I graduate, so fingers crossed they'll still be around when I do!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hehe yeah Welsh can be a law unto itself, but I'm impressed at your knowledge! Most people unfamiliar with Conwy pronounce it Con-way. I used to holiday there with my family for years when I was younger. It's a gorgeous place, and I'd love to go back with my camera one day.

Llandfair PG takes a few goes the first time anyone tries to say it. It's all about breaking it down into little chunks

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi supersara! Welcome to APUG!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin