Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,306   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, from just down the road....!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Welcome, from just down the road....!
    ... And from just down another road.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I'll definitely post some images soon. I've spent a lot of time the past two weeks remaking my drum scans using some of the techniques and software I've acquired in the digital realm. I forgot to mention I'm a non-traditional college student studying Environmental Policy & Communications. I plan to graduate in December and hope to get back into photography full-time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome! Indeed a very good intro! Good luck with your school as well!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Lord bless you, LightCraftsman guy. You have made the right decision. If you're like me, this return to your roots has been gnawing at you for a while? I came back several years ago (both film and vinyl) and I'll never return to the ones and zeros.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, this has been gnawing at me for a while. Digital was great for motorsports photography and shooting music festivals, but the fine detail just isn't there for landscape photography, at least not with anything I can afford. The idea behind being a pro photography is making money at this craft, and digging myself into a $30,000 hole to sell landscape photos makes no sense. I always missed my Hasselblad*. I love the simplicity of using it, and how it makes me slow down and think about composition and light. I also like having a high-quality lightweight system that does not need batteries.

I'm taking a course this semester taught at Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve in Austin. We'll be in the field researching how deer are impacting the preserve, so I'll have a lot of time to take photos while I'm working on the class. We have to make a poster at the end of the semester, and I want to have two or three killer photos for that. Might even pop for drum scans to get the best quality.

Film is not as convenient as digital, but when I got a 16x20 print made from a slide I shot of my father fishing behind his cabin in Montana in 1999 I knew I made the right choice selling the EOS gear and going back to film. I have a Sony RX-100 that is plenty good for my other needs. I shot a press conference for Environment Texas today, and even at ISO 1600 that little Sony did an excellent job: better than my old Canon 40D at that ISO. It's an impressive pocket camera.

*My wife is happy that I am no longer whining about missing the Hasselblad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dad_fishing_small.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome and congratulations! I only shoot film and I love my Hasselblad!! I have other cameras/formats too, but my Hasselblad is like the golden child...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome back to film, and welcome to APUG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin