Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,601   Online: 921

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Wingo
    We get mail by a tiny float plane (weather permiting) and the tiny planes are our only fast means of transportation to and from the Island.
    How do you get on the internet?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Hi guys,

I had no idea that so many people visited the f32 site. Several of you I already know (Hi Ole and the rest of you guys).

It will take me for ever to get use to this format but over time I will learn.

The question has been asked, "How do you get on the internet?" referencing our living in a wilderness area. I have a Sat System. I use Starband Services and use a HUGE dish. Because we are so high on the globe, and because we have to point our dish so low to the souther horizon, it is necessary for us to use larger than normal Sat Dishes (to include TV if you want consistant service).

The area in which I live has no "hard-wire" phone communication . . . we use *tellular* (not cellular and not conventional phones but something similar to MARS Station Communication.

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome.

Harold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The question has been asked, "How do you get on the internet?" referencing our living in a wilderness area. I have a Sat System.

The area in which I live has no "hard-wire" phone communication . . . we use *tellular* (not cellular and not conventional phones but something similar to MARS Station Communication.

Harold
    THAT is TOO cool!!

You'll need to send us some quick pix of the area so I get a image of what your place looks like. Never been to Alaska probably really beautiful.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi guys,

I had no idea that so many people visited the f32 site. Several of you I already know (Hi Ole and the rest of you guys).

It will take me for ever to get use to this format but over time I will learn.

The question has been asked, "How do you get on the internet?" referencing our living in a wilderness area. I have a Sat System. I use Starband Services and use a HUGE dish. Because we are so high on the globe, and because we have to point our dish so low to the souther horizon, it is necessary for us to use larger than normal Sat Dishes (to include TV if you want consistant service).

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome.

Harold
    Hi Harold! It's good to see you here as well as on f32 too.
    Diane

Halak 41

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    hey Doc,
    the sky haters are here too glad to see you make over to this site welcome

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hi Guys!

Wow!! Everybody's here. I didn't really know about this site until Lee posted my AAR for Germany on this site and informed me of his post.

How do I change my profile? Everyone has their location by their name and I don't. Lee, I use to live in Texas, more specifically, Ft. Hood and I was proud to so say "I live in Texas" but now that I live in a wild, wild wilderness I am equally proud, if not more, to say I live in Alaska. So I want my AO (Area of Operation) to be listed by my name.

Harold

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Oh! I found it

Oh my oh my! I finally found it. No need to reply.

Harold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Harold....from probably the only person you do not already know! haha

I am itching to see some photos of your area! Wow!!! Like living on top of the world!
    Welcome!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    Hello harold. Your place of residence sounds perfect to me.

SO, greetings from the rural Southwest USA
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hello Harold!

Welcome from Desert Dave in Las Vegas Nv.
    Thanks for the ice and snow you sent us from Alaska these past few days! It is providing some lovely photographic opportunities for me this weekend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin