Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,006   Online: 765

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from Sydney AU.

Morning all. (or evening if it's that time for you)

My name is Ben from Sydney here in Australia. and after many years shooting 1's and 0's I realised i needed to get back to shooting on film. So I dusted off my old ME Super and to my horror it withered away in it's retirement and died. Not giving up that easy I put on Neil Young's "Harvest" album and stripped down and re-built the camera, a few hours later she was happy and snapping away. Out of the house i ran to the nearest camera store. Pointing like a little kid in a candy store i point to a few rolls of BW400CN in the fridge behind the counter and some LR44's. I quickly throw money to the slightly confused salesperson and used the coin change to open up the battery compartment and quickly threaded the film. As soon as i fired off that first frame, I was in bliss again and after a few hours and some rolls later I went over to one of my favourite labs to get the rolls developed. 20 mins later i checked the negs and to my horror the flim was fogged (just a little, not a lot) after looking at my camera's inner bit's i came to the realisation that the seals were on there way out.

So after a few day of trawling used camera sites i managed to find a light seal kit and got a few more cameras, A Pentax Super Program and a K2, buckets of film and chems. (here's to UPS hoping that they don't nuke the film in a X-ray machine)

while I wait for all the goodies to arrive I've started to slowly sneak more and more of my old darkroom bits and pieces into the bathroom hoping the misses wouldn't notice, I was going well until I dragged in the projector. we reached an agreement though, As long as i don't use up all the chems and save some for her.

Goddamit I missed film, it really get's you back to basics and really makes you work for that frame. plus that sweet sweet look of film.

So here's to film, and APUG. I don't want to shoot digital any more (or at least for a while if work permits)

Have a good one!
    Ben.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here here... I'll go sniff some fixer fur ya! (Indiana USA).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to the forum Ben. Lots of film photographers in Sydney that are on the forum.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helloi Ben and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to APUG, Ben, from another Australian. Your enthusiasm is infectious

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ben - hello and welcome to APUG!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ben -- welcome to APUG!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Ben.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin