Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 825

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    hi mike from nr Canterbury

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Been there... got wet feet!
    Andy

Wet or web feet?, both abound in Norfolk

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Mike - Welcome from New England. It's not flat here, plenty of rolling hills.

gene
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Hi Gene,

The company I work for has an office in Amherst, MA and I've been out there a couple of times. It's similar countryside to around here, although you tend to have a bit more snow than us!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    Hi Gene,

The company I work for has an office in Amherst, MA and I've been out there a couple of times. It's similar countryside to around here, although you tend to have a bit more snow than us!

Mike
    Mike - If you are ever out here again, drop me a line. Maybe we can take a trip to the Quabbin for some phototgraphy.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A warm welcome from Wigan. Given the weather we're having thats about the only thing thats warm at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Mike!!
    Well, I only have a wee bit of advice for you....don't wait! Join one of the print/postcard exchanges! There's one just starting called a 'blind exchange' and there is a postcard one that is ending its current cycle and will start again in February. There's also a regular Print exchange. You can read about all of them in the various threads. Well, now...I feel like the "Cruise Director"! haha
    Welcome aboard!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    Mike - If you are ever out here again, drop me a line. Maybe we can take a trip to the Quabbin for some phototgraphy.

gene
    Gene,

Thanks for the offer. No plans to go out there at the moment -- my role at work has changed over the last couple of years which makes it unlikely that I'll make it out there again -- at least on company expenses!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Welcome Mike!!
    Well, I only have a wee bit of advice for you....don't wait! Join one of the print/postcard exchanges! There's one just starting called a 'blind exchange' and there is a postcard one that is ending its current cycle and will start again in February. There's also a regular Print exchange. You can read about all of them in the various threads. Well, now...I feel like the "Cruise Director"! haha
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks for the welcome. I'd like to join one of the groups -- I've just purchased a couple of boxes of Ilford postcard paper in preparation!

I don't think my work would be up to scratch for the print exchange, I've only just got back into photography after a 15 year layoff, due to kids and work. Also, I've only just started experimenting with fibre paper, most of my stuff is done on 10x8 or 9.5x12 RC paper. I've brought some spotting pens but I wouldn't know how to go about mounting and finishing fibre paper. However, it would be really interesting to see some other people's work so I can see how far I've got to go!

Cheers

Mike

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    ... However, it would be really interesting to see some other people's work so I can see how far I've got to go!
    That's a perfect reason to join a print exchange!

I'll let you in on a little secret: I don't mount, and don't know how to do it. I very rarely spot either, I'll only do that if it's too glaringly obvious that I should. So I'm not very good at that either
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for that Ole, that's really encouraging, maybe I'll have a go after all.

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin