Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,749   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A re-introduction

I suppose this isn't a proper introduction because I have in fact been using this site since a few years ago, but took a bit of a hiatus from photography and am finally "back in the game" so to speak. It's been about a year since I was last seriously into photography, and now I feel that my work has really captured what I've always wanted it to be, it's really getting to the point where it's become something I am proud of. I'm a bit young to be dabbling in such an ancient process, at 19 years old, but I must say I do love it. I might be the only 19 year old you know who doesn't own a digital camera, and I might also be the only 19 year old you know who shoots in medium and large format, processes his film at home, and proceeds to print them at home with one of his 5 enlargers scoured from craigslist. Recently I've taken a huge amount of love towards brass lenses, and a turn of the century extra rapid rectilinear lens is on it's way here as we speak, hopefully to be mounted to a graphex shutter I have for my cambo 4x5. Anyways I believe I introduced myself 2 or 3 years ago when I first joined the site, but I felt a re-introduction was in order because I am a different photographer now. Please check out my work at: luseboy.500px.com or luseboy.tumblr.com if you wouldn't mind and give me any feedback you feel fit. My goal for the next few months is to get my photography recognized a bit better, and to continue to improve and print once every other week or so, shooting in between.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome (back)! All of us are younger than analogue photography, and none of us will live long enough to learn everything there is to learn.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Improvement is always good, and always possible, I think, no matter how accomplished one becomes. Welcome back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back and good luck with your pictures.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back !

Seemingly I'm too old to understand how your websites works... I see three photographs and a bit of a fourth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm 41, and have only been back into film for a few years. But welcome back to the fold! I love hearing about younger people keeping the medium alive and thriving!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nice to see you, I'm young too, 22... always nice to see another young face.

If I may offer some advice though...

i would address the quality of your print scans, they look like they're clipping a lot of information in the transition from print to file. also it looks like you're having some issues with dust and drying marks on your film, based on the scans. I understand you are entirely divested of digital, but you want your work online to be the best representation of the original print possible, which means not carelessly scanning with no regard for precision, it also means taking care of your negatives, and being fastidious with every step of the process...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the fold. I'm always heartened to see young folks trying the dark arts. It must be harder when you grow up in a nearly all digital age, but the perseverance (and you need that) is really worth it, and you will really stand out from the crowd.
    Chris's advice is good, analogue photography rewards people who work in a careful manner, and that includes the presentation...being a print or an image online.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, welcome back to APUG!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin