Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,586   Online: 922

Shooter
    35mm RF

My photographs on the wals of my home and work... How much better will it get?

Hi All,

I'm enjoying the site and like Claudia, Italian photogapher in London, appologise for asking for advice without an introduction. How can I now claim to be an English Gentleman!?

53. I'm 53. The calendar tells me this but inside I'm still 24. 24 when my creative life was my life, earning money was necessary but secondary and life was ahead.

Now I'm a happy middle-aged guy with a life to look back on but also to look forwards to: a dual target for my photography.

Target 1. Get enlarged the pictures of my life. Ambitions from my youth that I acheived. Does that sound pushy? We don't like pushy in England but yeah, I got to travel across the USA. Married and brought up kids. Even stuff like owning houses and businesses are things I dreamt of and yet (amazingly) I have managed to do! Saw Lear in Stratford, Hamlet in Sheffield and the Northern Broadsides Company doing The Tempest in Leeds with my best-girl and one of my oldest friends, (on a day when the Sikh community processed though the City centre) Did I have a camera? You guessed.

Target 2. Re-boot my photography. I've found a lab that will process colour and rediscovered b&w self-processing of negatives. Perhaps best of all I've found an ex-University lecturer who's set up "The Darkroom" just 7 miles from my home!

I now carry a camera EVERY day, using the Voightlander outfit that has sat faithfully in the cupboard, a Minox 35 (oh, sorry, 2 Minoxes, first was faulty; the second I'm taking no bets on...) and now a Rollei 35S.

I hope my little introduction is sufficient to interest the community in my progress. I will need your help...

Robert

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

My photographs on the wals of my home and work... How much better will it get?

Welcome you'll find many helpful people here, it's a great community.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Robert and welcome to APUG. Your post, most interesting!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Robert,

Looking forward to more stories, I'd tell some of my own right now but my teenager wants the computer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert - hello and welcome to APUG!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before I moved into "her" house, I had a "wall of shame". That is, I could only hang my stuff and was in view for anyone to see. If I didn't like it, I could only replace it. That was my drive and it worked. After 20 years away, I had returned and got better.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome, you will find APUG an invaluable resource! Sounds like you took some neat pix...hope you post them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Robert and welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome to APUG, Robert. What a tantalising introduction!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin