Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,272   Posts: 1,534,537   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Chiswick, UK

I'm a beginner to photography since I only bought a 'proper' camera about 4 years ago when I moved to the UK from Texas.

I started off with a 35mm Nikon F80, but have since become more and more interested in MF photography since I borrowed a Bronica SQ-A from a friend of mine. I fear I'm hooked and will probably be buying a Mamiya RZ67 soon to feed the obsession.

I'm excited to have found this site and hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I recognise those symptoms! You might as well give in and go directly to 8x10" - it'll be cheaper in the long run

Welcome here, anyway, I think you've found the right place to be.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the group and woof woof The F80's a nice camera I use to have a couple of bodies and MF I agree is very very tempting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Cyberdog!!
    I think you will find quite a bit to keep you busy here! I know what you mean about becoming smitten by MF. I am the proud new owner of a Hasselblad, and I love it! Got it in November and am learning more everyday about it!
    Looking forward to seeing your photos in the gallery! Welcome to APUG!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome cyberdog,

The british contingent swells! If you are after an RZ, contact me before getting one. I may or may not make inroads into the pro market. I have a 100% as new perfect complete RZ Mk II with only a handfull of rolls thru (about 20), which will be up for sale if not. Will make decision whether selling or not within next 6 weeks or so. In any case, its the architectural/construction side (using my 5x4) I am focusing on so its doubtful It will emerge for much use. Boxed, instructions etc as per bought today. Will be priced low ie circa £900 ish, about £700 less than a new one.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Cyberdog from Hawaii. I'm sure you will enjoy being here, you won't get bashed for wanting to shoot film.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello from South London. I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Barry

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello and welcome. I have an RB which I find great to use.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wecome to the forum. I think you will do well to listen to Ole, but maybe stop off at 4"x5" for a while.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin