Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,373   Online: 1101

Thread: new website

Shooter
    35mm

new website

Hi,

I have just finished redesigning my website from the ground up.

http://www.fashionbug.org.uk/portfolio/default.htm

99 per cent of the images displayed shot on film.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	67174

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like it!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the design, layout, etc. but the butterfly is driving me crazy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm digging your work.
    Especially your work with women.
    Suits my tastes very closely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

new website

Flash site. Can't see anything on an iOS device.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Two things. The images load slowly. They should be preloaded. Yes, my connection is really fast.

Two. Damn butterfly is driving me crazy! Maybe make it flutter every thirty seconds or so, not constantly.

One other thing. It probably wasn't a good idea to build the site in Flash, especially since there isn't anything on it that requires Flash. As the above comment indicates, you are limiting yourself with Flash.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for your comments.

I have to say that I have been researching for a long tine on a way to have a website with content can be updated without any hassles and with a design that is decent. I tried several versions (flash and non flash) and also looked at commercial solutions available. Solutions were either too prohibitive financially, too complicated to implement (I am not versed in web developing) or the layout was disappointing to say the least or having unpredictable results depending on which browser you use. I even went the Wordpress way but did not really find any wordpress themes that suited my needs.

I find that Flash is the best option is available to me and this latest version suits my needs. My photo work can be dynamically updated and I can add more images without any difficulty and as such do not have to spend long hours to update the content and furthermore the layout is cross platform friendly.

i appreciate that some are using tablets where flash is not available but most people do have a computer where flash is installed in standard and, until I find a alternate non flash solution, I'd rather opt for a decent design and content that can be easily updated.

I have seen that a large quantity of photographer's website are made with Flash.

I do agree that the fluttering butterfly may be a bit distracting and hopefully, this will be corrected in the next few days.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin