Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,715   Online: 925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Hi from Bellevue, WA!

Whats up? I wanted to pop in and say hi! To tell you all a little about myself as a photographer, I am not pro, I do it because it makes me happy. I started life with my parent's Spotmatic II which my dad picked up in the Philippines during the Vietnam conflict. I was robbed at my house in '99 and that body was taken. Luckily the lenses all stayed put, but I basically stopped shooting film for quite a long time. I replaced that Spottie with a SP1 with a sticky mirror then recently a SPII with a bad light meter. Still didn't go out and shoot film, I used a 350D for years instead.

So this brings me to the present. I have met local friends that are really into film and it got me back into it. I now shoot with my Mamiya C33, Calumet 4x5 Monorail, Olympus OM4T, 1DMKII, 650D, I think I have a disease. The list keeps growing, I started to process my own B&W film and built a darkroom around a Beseler 67C Dichro II. Next I am looking into C-41 and C-6 as my local labs rape for everything they do. And I am a cheap bastard.

So with that said, I found these forums and would like to join the discussion!

-Lurch(wolf)
    (fandom name)

-Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the sanitarium Lurch.
    You will find many kindred spirits here that suffer from your affliction and are willing to help overcome any lapse into sanity.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello from Kirkland.

Lots of film folk around here it seems. Welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason... hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi and welcome from the country just a bit north of you.

If you are interested in Alternative and Traditional Processes, the Pacifica Chapter of the Center for Photographic History and Technology (CPHT) meets reasonably regularly in Bellevue.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.altphotopacifica.org/

The next meeting is, however, up here in BC .

Hope you like it here on APUG.
    Last edited by MattKing; 04-13-2013 at 03:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add link
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Whats up? I wanted to pop in and say hi! To tell you all a little about myself as a photographer, I am not pro, I do it because it makes me happy. I started life with my parent's Spotmatic II which my dad picked up in the Philippines during the Vietnam conflict. I was robbed at my house in '99 and that body was taken. Luckily the lenses all stayed put, but I basically stopped shooting film for quite a long time. I replaced that Spottie with a SP1 with a sticky mirror then recently a SPII with a bad light meter. Still didn't go out and shoot film, I used a 350D for years instead.

So this brings me to the present. I have met local friends that are really into film and it got me back into it. I now shoot with my Mamiya C33, Calumet 4x5 Monorail, Olympus OM4T, 1DMKII, 650D, I think I have a disease. The list keeps growing, I started to process my own B&W film and built a darkroom around a Beseler 67C Dichro II. Next I am looking into C-41 and C-6 as my local labs rape for everything they do. And I am a cheap bastard.

So with that said, I found these forums and would like to join the discussion!

-Lurch(wolf)
    (fandom name)

-Jason
    Hi Jason,

'Think it'll rain'? Yep I'm a Wa resident too. Born here, like your dad went to VN, lived in other places at times but the Great Northwest is my home. Welcome to the site! I've personally met many of the members here and made great friends.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hi from Bellevue, WA!

Welcome!
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Lurch and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin