Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,375   Online: 785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Nottingham, UK

Hi all!

I'm Daniel , I'm new here, and new to film too.

I have come from digital, and now shooting film for personal projects to help me re-think, re-learn, re-motivate, and re-everything else :-)

I have a Bronica SQ-A and bloomin' love it. I love shooting the square format too, I'm finding the world has a different look to it when looking down the waist level finder.
    I'm also experimenting with the Polaroid back.

Developing the negatives myself (via a changing bag), but I don't yet have a scanner.

I'm a quiet person. I love to give and help other people. I take my camera everywhere I go, yet I rarely take pictures (I'm working on this).
    Likes: The little moments in life, yesteryears, travelling, karaoke, whisky, vinyl.
    Dislikes: Developing a roll and realising you made a reaaaalllly stupid mistake.

I'm in love with film because.... of what it means to me. I'm not particularly enthralled by megapixels. But I love the effort, time, and love that goes into developing the film. The magic when you open the tank and see your images on the roll. I love that it costs me money (what!?) because it means I have to seriously think before I press that shutter.
    I love that I'm free of the use of photoshop, actions, and trying to make my images look like someone elses 'style'.
    I could go on and on....

Anyway
    Whilst I've been signed up to the forum for a month or two, I've not really had a look around yet, so I'm going to get used to the layout and where everything is.

Thanks all!

Daniel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi!

Never posted before either, but saw this and as I'm from Nottingham too thought I'd say hello!

James

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi James! Great to have a local on the forum.
    If you ever need any useless advice from a newb you know where I am! lol. Okay... if you ever need any emergency supplies you know where I am.
    Last edited by djs88; 04-30-2013 at 09:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Good choice with Bronica, it was my first medium format camera too, and after trying many other things, I still think it was the best.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! I love the Bronica, it's not too expensive either for an entry into Medium Format land

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Dan (and James!)

I used to visit Notts a lot when a friend was studying photography at uni there. Nice city.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Daniel and welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, people from Nottingham. I'm near Derby, so only a few miles away.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi from Lancs

re
    but I don't yet have a scanner
    Don't get one! for the price of a scanner good enough to scan MF you can equip a darkroom, and printing is even more fun than developing negs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin