Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,528   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Sid!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Minolta trails, Sid. The Minolta and Pentax manual focus stuff is underapprecated, now that Nikon and Canon so dominate the current camera media.

The X-700 has a capacitor problem, as do all the X-570, 370, and 300 cameras. Look for an older body for a safer long term back up for your minolts glass. Some of the 80's third party glass was not great, but the oem primes are really good.

Pleased you are dipping your toe into the analog pond.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are a few pictures from my first roll. It was an old roll of color film that happened to be in the bag with my camera. Who knows how old it was, but I blame myself for any poor images. As you can see I have lots of learning to do! I included some of my favorite shots (the flowers) and embarrassing ones (dark, out of focus trees). Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1266199861.jpg   1266199850.jpg   1266199844.jpg   1266199854.jpg   1266199839.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard and welcome to film Sid. I get the l33t spelling but lots of folks won't. I

I don't know that particular model but Minolta stuff in general is good. If these have known issues with capacitors dying you can pick up an older manual SRT model for just a few dollars usually and use it with all your lenses.

What kind of color film was it? From the contrast it looks like these could be scans of slides?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was ISO 400 film, T-Max I think. Not 100% sure. These images were from the disk I got when my pictures were developed, so I'm not sure how they scanned them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It wasn't T-Max. That's black and white film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I think the tree trunk may be the best of the bunch, depending on individual taste. The main trunk is reasonably in focus and the rest out. If this was your intention, then you were successful. The effect is a reasonable expectation. If you were taking a picture of a pond, then you were a bloody failure. Cartier-Bresson would have sworn up and down that he was shooting a trunk and that he did it at the exact second of perfect lighting for that day.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin