Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,540   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nathan Riehl is my name!

Hello there! My name is Nathan. A fellow photographer and member of our local photography club by the name of Erik Magnuson recommended this website's classifieds for finding my first Medium Format SLR or Rangefinder, so I thought I'd sign up and see what this community was like. I'm only 19 years old, but I've been shooting analog photos for over two years now. I've been shooting with a Yashica-D TLR for Medium Format so far, but I'd like more control. I love 35mm due to it's ease of access and the fact that almost everyone develops color still (I develop my own B+W), but I love the results held with medium format camera's optics.

So far, there isn't any analog work up yet, but I have a website at http://nathanriehlphotography. It's mostly fashion photos and promos I've done for bands and clothing company.

Oh, and I'm big on Polaroid cameras if any of you have questions for me. I own several 100 series, SX-70, and 600 series cameras and have used them excessively.
    Check out my website!

Nikon F2//Yaschica T4//Zenza Bronica ETR//Polaroid SX-70 Sonar OneStep

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the club, Nathan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like you're keepin' it Riehl!

Welcome to APUG, Nathan.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome!

Here's a test, do you know your Polaroid backs, or is it just cameras?
    There are backs for 4x5" LF cameras, some take 4x5 film sheets, and some take 8x10cm sheets or packs. AFAIK there's no more 4x5" or 8x10cm sheets (except on fleabay), it's all 8x10cm packs of FP100 and FP3000B. Which backs for 4x5" cameras can take currently-produced film packs, besides the Fuji PA145?
    And similarly, what's available for MF (specifically Mamiya 645AF and Hasselblad V mount)? All I see are what look like single-sheet holders, or do they take packs? And which of any of these take film that is currently available?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know a whole lot about the backs because most of what I know is from personal experience, and since I haven't had the chance to mess around with much more than 35mm (other than with toy cameras or my TLR), I haven't yet had the chance to use a Polaroid back either. The only thing I've heard is that most of the MF SLR cameras take the backs that support Fuji's 100 series film like you said. If I hear more, I'll let you know, but for now, I'm trying to get all the personal experience I can through handling the hardware myself. I have the opportunity to borrow a Mamiya M645, but I hate borrowing equipment. I always feel like I'll have an unlucky experience with it and have to give it back with something wrong with it. Maybe someone would be willing to trade one of their SLRs for some of my stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, and thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Shockingly, I've never signed up for a photography-related forum before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see your interest at the tender age you are.

Glad to see you here

Check out the Film Photography Project/Podcast site also for tons of instant photogrpahy and just good old film discussions as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Nathan. Welcome to APUG, from another corner of the country. Glad to have you aboard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Nathan! Looking forward to seeing your work.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Nathan. Don't dismiss your Yashica too quickly- TLRs are wonderful tools. They're not for everything (I wouldn't shoot car racing with one, for example), but they give you a different take on photography, and having just the one lens, and just the one film type at a time forces some helpful discipline on you For years I shot a Hasselblad with interchangeable lenses and film backs. Now I'm seriously grooving on my Rolleiflex. I still get my lens changing/film changing kicks with large and ultra-large format cameras, but the Rollei is a great walk-around camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin