Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,164   Online: 996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello, from San Diego.

Just joined about a month ago... I would keep searching google for info on B&W process, and kept getting directed here, so why not join in on the fun. Hope i can contribute something useful. I moved to monterey county (salinas) in 2010, and decided to learn photography. i picked up an a-1 and decided i liked film. I bought a digital camera (gasp) and then decided to take a black and white course at hartnell. Well, that was a turning point. I love the dark... i mean, i love seeing the image appear, and feel drawn to what i see both in the darkroom and in my minds eye, which i've slowly learned to hone in on. I decided to go for medium format 'mamiya rb' and just love it. It's a beast, but one which i can say i enjoy bringing with me, even though it might mean a workout. Anyway, there you have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi from the other end of the country. Welcome aboard!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am glad you found this site. Lots of good information. Remember that photography is about images as well as gear!!
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome, from your northern neighbor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome, from your extreme northern neighbour (i.e. Canada) from someone who gets to San Diego annually - such a nice place. Perhaps our paths will cross there one day! I've shot a lot of film in San Diego county.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Welcome, from a fellow San Diegan. I'm in the uptown area and just got into a Pentax 67 system. If you ever want to get together and shoot the breeze, I'd be more than happy to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, the is heavy but the lenses are nice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard. We seem to have a little bit of growth in the APUG subscriber base in SD lately---for a long time it seemed like mhcfires and I were sort of on our own out here at the edge of the world. We should organize a field trip or something.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin