Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,479   Online: 754

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

new member from houston, tx

hello everyone.

i just joined today. a little about myself: back in the mid to late 90's i was a semi pro photographer. i shot canon 35mm and a mamiya 7 with a full compliment of lenses. my genera is mostly landscapes and environmental portraiture. i lost all my camera equipment when my house flooded during hurricane ike in 2008. since this time i have been pretty much SOL as far as quality equipment is concerned.

for my birthday this year, my wife purchased a wista sp technical field camera used off ebay. i have been slowly buying lenses and accessories off the same web site. other than the camera, i now have a really nice rodenstock 65mm f5.6, a nice vintage schneider 270mm f5.5 and a sinar zoom vario 6x4.5-12 roll film back.

my main reason for joining this forum was because i was hoping to find another outlet to buy used equipment to compliment my kit.

i have been looking though the classified forums but at this point, i suppose because i am a noob, i am not allowed to post there yet. not a lot there for wista as far as i can tell.

other than ebay, does anyone have ideas where i can find good deals on used wista accessories? specifically, i am looking for a bag bellows, the recessed lens board that is open around the edges, a prism style viewfinder(preferably the collapsible one) and a lens in the 90 to 100mm f5.6 range. something with a good amount of coverage so i can utilize the camera's movements.

anyway, hello to everyone. any input would really be appreciated.

brian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Have you tried Houston Camera Co-op? Its hit-or-miss, but they have some surprises there. And welcome to apug!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Brian, and have fun with the Wista.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome flyboy!!
    You can subscribe to apug and that will give you classified ad posting privies.
    You could do a wtb (want to buy) and I have had excellent luck here with wtb.
    better than i would've hoped.

also large format photography forum which is much like here but mostly sheet film shooters is another good spot.

sorry to hear of your flood mishap.

cheers and jump right in, the water is real nice here.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboyx View Post
    i have been looking though the classified forums but at this point, i suppose because i am a noob, i am not allowed to post there yet.
    No, it's not because you are new here, but because you are no subscriber. I mean, you can't start classified thread, but as non-subscriber you can nevertheless post in a classified thread of someone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! You could try KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    wow. thank you all for the nice warm welcome. good ideas here too. i am going to google the houston camera exchange and pay them a visit. i joined the large format photography forum a couple weeks ago, but right now i don't even have access to the classifieds there. someone mentioned that it takes about a month or so i guess...?

a few weeks ago, i was perusing ebay. a camera store from the west coast had a wista compendium shade at a buy it now for 49.00. that was a steal in itself, and someone pulled the trigger on it right away. after it sold, i was looking though the ad again and for that price it also included the bag bellows i have been searching for. what a steal for someone. oh well....one day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin