Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,082   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello there :) From Manchester

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself seen as I'm new here!

My name is Lee (As I'm sure you could have guessed from the username) and I am currently in/around Manchester, kind of. I'm studying at the Manchester School Of Art but I'm actually from East Yorkshire. I'm currently studying photography on a pretty fantastic course, it's all (just about) practical based with 80% of final grades being based on my portfolio(s). Some might say it's a waste of time but I'm pretty happy, get access to just about everything I could need (studio, darkroom, cameras, scanners, etc.) and I'm just continually making work!

http://leehoggard.co.uk

So, I have an artist website (Yes I would consider myself an artist, laughable to some I'm sure), it's in it's very early stages so I haven't really put anything up yet (I'm still testing the waters). If anyone wants to take a look you'll only get a very basic idea of what my work is about. I work using whatever medium I feel is right, the work up on my site is digital studio stuff but that's only one project because like I said I've only just set it up. Ideas and concepts that my work tends to focus on are generally technology related or hold some connection to the human condition. I show these ideas through photographing objects, all my work is still life based and that's just how I'm happiest working!

Analogue is my love, it frustrates me and I will screw up endless amounts of paper and film. I shoot analogue in my spare time, it always feels fresh and exciting. I find it challenging and that's what I find makes it so much more rewarding when I have shots I'm happy with. I have a 5x4 which I'll take out rarely, I've gravitated away from 35mm, I'm now currently happiest when I have my trusty Bronica S2a in hand.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome! One of my grandfathers was from Manchester but that was a very, very long time ago (I am now a grandfather). This is by far the best newsgroup for solid information (although my own knowledge is very modest). I can't seem to find your work on your website. The links do not appear to work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Doc W, I had grandparentas & my mother from manchester as well, an interesting city these days.

Welcome to APUG

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmm I'm not sure as to why the links aren't working, they seem to work for me, this whole website business baffles me I'm positive I've more than likely set something up wrong, sorry about that!

I'm undecided on how I feel about Manchester, there's just something about it that seems to keep me at a distance. There's a lot of culture and art though and it definitely has it's charm. I'm enjoying being somewhere things are happening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome and good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might be that the images are off the screen on some monitors and you have to scroll to the right, it makes it harder to navigate as it's not intuitive.

The links wrk on my laptop.

IAn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Lee! I visited Manchester once. You will probably find anything you want to know from the great people here.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you are doing what I dream to do if I coming back as some fuutre spirit after this bodies life ends.

Happy you found us. From one mad film guy trapped in an engineering project manager's body.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Lee.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin