Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,724   Online: 1219

Shooter
    Medium Format

Edinburgh Calling

Hi folks. I'm Scottish, living in Edinburgh, and in my early 50s. Just thought I'd say hello. Started photography a couple of years ago with a K1000, but soon moved to digital as I really had no idea what I was doing. But now I seem to have had enough of digital - it just doesn't have the quality I see in analogue images. So I've been exploring both 35mm and 120mm. Equipment:

Mamiya C330, 80mm
    Mamiya RB67 Pro SD, 90mm K/L
    Pentax Asahi
    Canon T90
    Zeiss Nettar 515/16 (1937)
    Holga

I'm leaning more towards medium format these days. Unfortunately I am allergic to the chemicals used in development, so I can't develop my own images. So, I send them off, and get negatives developed and scanned to CD. I have been known to run some images through Nik Silver filters.

If I've filled in my profile here correctly, my two websites should appear below.

Nice to meet you all, and I'm looking forward to learning from you, and hopefully offering something in return.

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Rob and a warm welcome to APUG. Good photos and good cameras.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.

I have been to Edinburgh several times.

You may want to consider wearing nitrile gloves and using a Jobo processor to minimize contact with chemicals.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome!

I visited Edinburgh back in the mid 70's. As one who was raised in California, where almost everything was less than 100 years old, I found Edinburgh fascinating.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Rob,
    Welcome from CA.
    I lived in Edinburgh for years, studied photography at Napier,left in '89. I think I'm still hungover.
    Hope you enjoy APUG, it' a great place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to you sir from Colorado. Get some rubber gloves and develop yourself. You will be in command. Loving the Mamiya C.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the welcome, one and all. As for the rubber gloves - pass. I get severe asthma attacks in darkrooms, no matter how good the extractor fans. I'd need my own oxygen tank on my back - it just starts getting ridiculous. However, my 16-year old daughter is getting quite experienced at darkroom processing, so I'm trying to persuade her to do her old man's films. But that might end up being more expensive than sending them off to a pro - kids these days, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A hearty welcome Rob from another Mamiya C330 and Canon T90 user.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers, Ben. Clearly a wise man!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin