Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 798

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hello from Phoenix, AZ!

Hello from Phoenix, AZ! I am a primarily digital shooter up until this point, but I really wanted to try out 35mm film for some personal projects, so I have picked up a couple of 35mm rangefinders (Canonet QL17, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Minolta Hi-Matic 7s) to play around with and see how it feels.

I am a portrait and street shooter primarily, but I am still really finding my niche and, of course, still learning. My wife has even noted that she thinks I finally found a hobby I have a passion for and I am sticking with

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. It's good to have you here. If you should find yourself in need of answers to film-related questions, there is probably no better place online to find them than APUG. The volume of film-based expertise available is truly staggering and those who have it are always very willing to share. Please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully your wife is correct.

The Canonet QL17 is a wonderful little 35mm rangefinder. I own one myself. I purchased it from a fellow member here for a very fair price. It has become my favorite 35mm carry-around camera.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. I'm out there shooting every year or so as my parents live there. Must be getting a little hot by now tho to be cruising for shots.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It is a bit warm. I'm going "home" to Michigan in the fall and I'm really planning on putting these film cameras through their paces when I am there for a couple of personal projects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome. And enjoy your exploration of film and its capabilities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin