Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,096   Online: 1033

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Salem, Virginia calling!

Hey all!

I'm Paul, currently in Salem, Virginia (but am originally from Northern Ireland). I've been shooting film since 2009, started out doing mostly color negative but have drifted into black and white, developing it at home, and now shoot a fair amount of medium format. Up until now I've been scanning my film for print and online presentation, but I now have an enlarger on the way and am working to turn my little den/office/man-cave room in our apartment into a semi-permanent dark room.

I finally decided it was time to join APUG as I've found it to be a useful resource though threads found in web searches and with darkroom setup plus climbing the wet printing learning curve, well, I imagine I'll be looking for even more information now!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome; More Irish needed.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug. Nice to hear that you have gotten your own darkroom together. It will give you many hours of joy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG and the joys of home darkroom work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Paul. I hope you're liking VA. I've only visited a few times but it seemed pretty nice to me. If not, come on up to New England. Plenty of Irish folks in Boston.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Be careful about discussing magic developers, magic bullets, and the like. Been a little while but your adopted town's history with practitioners of the "dark" arts is a bit sketchy.

Welcome to APUG.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for the welcomes! Yes, I like it here, except for the heat and humidity in summer. Over 8 years and I'm still not fully adjusted to it! I'd be quite happy somewhere in the 68F to 72F range; not too hot or cold and just right for developing black and white! Really, though, anywhere I can find stuff to point a camera at works for me.

I'm very excited about getting into darkroom printing. I spend much of my day at a computer (and have done since I was about 11) and have been getting awfully disillusioned with having to do more of it when I just want to make photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Paul.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welome to APUG!

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin