Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,696   Online: 1169
      
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Spain and London.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2

    Hello from Spain (and London)

    Hi,

    I've only just discovered these forums despite being an analogue fanatic and intensive web user. I usually waste time on the BJP forum (and others).

    I've recently moved to the mountains of Southern Spain from London. My plan is to convert a cave into a home and darkrooms whilst completing photography based projects. You can read more and keep track of my progress on my www.DigiTrog.co.uk website (there's a link to my permanent Silverbites site listed in my profile).

    Interesting to see posters from all corners of the world here (and another Shropshire lad!).

    Looking forward to exploring the forums!

    John.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    4,813
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by John Haydn Colley
    Hi,

    I've only just discovered these forums despite being an analogue fanatic and intensive web user. I usually waste time on the BJP forum (and others).

    I've recently moved to the mountains of Southern Spain from London. My plan is to convert a cave into a home and darkrooms whilst completing photography based projects. You can read more and keep track of my progress on my www.DigiTrog.co.uk website (there's a link to my permanent Silverbites site listed in my profile).

    Interesting to see posters from all corners of the world here (and another Shropshire lad!).

    Looking forward to exploring the forums!

    John.
    Hi John,

    Congratulations on your move. I spent two years in southern Spain when I was a student, including a year of classes at the University of Granada, and have returned to the area many times since then. It is certainly an area rich in photographic possibilities and I am sure you will enjoy the new life.

    Where are you located? Or perhaps that information can be found by looking at the site you direct us to where I will head now.


    Sandy

  3. #3
    Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kent, England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,075
    hello John and welcome - good luck in your cave

  4. #4
    BWGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,050
    Images
    18
    Well, I guess you will not have much of a static problem in a cave.

    Welcome John! Very interesting. Nice photos, too...any of your cave? I'll have to keep checking back there to see your progress!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

  5. #5
    mikeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    570
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by John Haydn Colley
    Hi,

    Interesting to see posters from all corners of the world here (and another Shropshire lad!).

    Looking forward to exploring the forums!

    John.
    Hi John,

    Welcome from the "Shropshire Lad" (although I'm actually a "Hampshire Hog" having moved to Shropshire 11 years ago!). What part of the county are you from?

    Fascinating story about your cave. Maybe I should take a look at that cave on Caer Caradoc and convert it into a darkroom! Then again it's looking a bit chilly today here in Shropshire. I can see the hills out the window as I type and they have a fine dusting of snow on them. Very pretty!

    Cheers

    Mike

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,042
    Greetings John, if your cave is anything like most of the ones I've potholed you shouldn't have any trouble finding running water. Good luck and welcome to a new addiction

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Spain and London.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    Hi John,

    Welcome from the "Shropshire Lad" (although I'm actually a "Hampshire Hog" having moved to Shropshire 11 years ago!). What part of the county are you from?

    ...snip...

    Cheers

    Mike
    Hi Mike,

    I grew up in the Corvedale - west of Brown Clee (family moved from Birmingham). Schooled in Much Wenlock. College in Shrewsbury. Have since spent time in Wolverhampton. New York and New Jersey. Brighton. Madrid. Lodon and now rural Spain not far from Granada.

    Thanks for all the other greetings. I'm sure I'll be spending more time here!

    John.

  8. #8
    mikeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    570
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by John Haydn Colley
    Hi Mike,

    I grew up in the Corvedale - west of Brown Clee (family moved from Birmingham). Schooled in Much Wenlock. College in Shrewsbury. Have since spent time in Wolverhampton. New York and New Jersey. Brighton. Madrid. Lodon and now rural Spain not far from Granada.

    John.
    Hi John,

    You've certainly moved about a bit. I'm in the next valley north of the Corvedale -- Apedale, over towards Church Stretton.

    Best of luck with the cave -- rather you than me though!

    Mike



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin