Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,166   Online: 730

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Ben !!

Welcome.. Bangalore had been my second home for almost 13 years.. Suggest you get in touch with the BangBW flickr group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/bangbw/ ) members - they are an active bunch of film shooters who go out regularly on shoots over the weekends and other holidays..

Regards,
    Deb

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Ben!

I'm from Karnataka myself (not Bangalore though).
    You might want to try G K Vale. They'll at least have some color film.

For B/W, try Amazon. They've just recently launched in India and I've seen some B/W available on the site, though a bit on the expensive side.

Maybe this will help:
    http://www.flickr.com%2Fgroups%2Ffil...48705608,d.cGE

Cheers,
    Som

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Ben.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by debanddg View Post
    Hello Ben !!

Welcome.. Bangalore had been my second home for almost 13 years.. Suggest you get in touch with the BangBW flickr group ( http://www.flickr.com/groups/bangbw/ ) members - they are an active bunch of film shooters who go out regularly on shoots over the weekends and other holidays..

Regards,
    Deb
    Cool ! Thanks a lot for that info ! By any chance you know a place that sells B&W film ? It seems quite hard to find here, the most common film is just ISO 100 color from Kodak. It's nice but doesn't offer much variation I think ^^. I bought 5 rolls of that 100 ISO kodak color plus film. Do you think I can use it at night too ? I took some night shots but I don't know how they will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by KanFotog View Post
    Welcome Ben!

I'm from Karnataka myself (not Bangalore though).
    You might want to try G K Vale. They'll at least have some color film.

For B/W, try Amazon. They've just recently launched in India and I've seen some B/W available on the site, though a bit on the expensive side.

Maybe this will help:
    http://www.flickr.com%2Fgroups%2Ffil...48705608,d.cGE

Cheers,
    Som
    Thanks ! I tried GK Vale in Koramangala but they had nothing unfortunately. I'll try the other one close to MG Road. I have maybe found a Foto Circle with some B&W but the guy still didn't send me the quotes of what he has. Do you think I should negotiate the price down for expired film ? I'm interested by it cause it can turn out cool but I also won't mind saving film that store out of the fridge and stuff lol.

Thanks as well to Rachelle and Charles for the warm welcome ! I can't wait to see how my first two rolls turn out. It might end up being very frustrating or a great surprise !
    Last edited by Kruger; 07-08-2013 at 09:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ben - you can try RK Photoguide near Majestic bus stop.. They should be having B&W films.. Otherwise these days it is best to source films from other metros [mainly Mumbai / Delhi] or abroad.. In the flickr group I mentioned, we join hands and order films in bulk.. the moderator of the group [Sabir Ahmed] currently has some Fuji Acros 100 in 135 and 120 sourced a month back.. try out and enjoy ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Debanddg, the RK Photoguide is that the one near Jayadeva Hospital ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin