Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,565   Online: 786

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We have a mirrored door in the center of town that I stop at every now and then and do a selfie...in Ogden, Utah. Over the years I've noticed that this mirror makes my beard look grayer, but I'm sure that's an illusion.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	71790

taken with Olympus XA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    Bethe,
    If you shot into a mirror, why is the image not reversed left to right? Or did you do a flip around in PS somehow (don't even know if that's possible since I'm fairly ignorant in PS)?
    Shhh, yes it's flipped in PS (or maybe the neg was scanned backwards, I don't remember).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    No Photoshopping that I can see. Tripod mounted camera in front, self timer and ... bingo! A winning portrait indeed.
    With due respect, look in the mirror, as the camera is doing, and tell me everything is not reversed. If not corrected in PS somehow, then maybe scanned reversed. Nevertheless, still "a winning portrait."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    With due respect, look in the mirror, as the camera is doing, and tell me everything is not reversed. If not corrected in PS somehow, then maybe scanned reversed. Nevertheless, still "a winning portrait."
    hi silveror0

even though bethe explained what she did
    a reversed means absolutely nothing

the negative could easily be "flipped" + "printed" ...
    the only things that can't be flopped and printed are tintypes + ferrotypes
    but ambrotypes, dry plates, film, paper negatives and all their 19th + 20th century cousins can

Shooter
    35mm
    Posted this recently on another thread: impromptu self-portrait from end of June 2013 on my birthday (scanned negative, Fuji Pro 160)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having little interest in my own image, here's the closest I can come to a self portret. I set the camera up and a hotel maid tripped the remote release. I'm the short guy on the right, next to my wife, then her sister and sister's husband. In Paso Robles, CA in early 2010. Zeiss 521/16, probably with Delta 100.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1012b102003.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	71799
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi silveror0

even though bethe explained what she did
    a reversed means absolutely nothing

the negative could easily be "flipped" + "printed" ...
    the only things that can't be flopped and printed are tintypes + ferrotypes
    but ambrotypes, dry plates, film, paper negatives and all their 19th + 20th century cousins can
    Agreed. Didn't mean to start a thread drift. Just curious to know Bethe's response to my question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    We have a mirrored door in the center of town that I stop at every now and then and do a selfie...in Ogden, Utah. Over the years I've noticed that this mirror makes my beard look grayer, but I'm sure that's an illusion.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	71790

taken with Olympus XA.
    The one in my bathroom is doing the same thing, plus, making my skin look wrinkled. I think they're defective.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Two Minutes in the Life of a Photographer
    Yosemite National Park
    Scanned carbon print from an 8x10 negative

PS -- the image is "flipped", or reversed or whatever in the printing process (single transfer carbon).

PS#2 -- and my avatar is taken with a pinhole camera about 8" from my face (using litho film in a 250 sheet box of photo paper), and then printed as a cyanotype.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TWO MINUTES IN THE LIFE OF THE ARTIST.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 08-07-2013 at 11:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I made today a Polaroid transfer. I used new film from the Impossible Project with a Polaroid 636 camera.
    The Impossible film is very suitable for an image lift. Here are two simple shots from my iphone during the process. I'll scan the image later when fully dried.

1) the film layer floating in hot water (in yellow tray):

Name:	foto 1.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	331.7 KB 
ID:	88859

2) the final image transferred to aquarel paper (still wet):

Name:	foto 1 transfer.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	496.3 KB 
ID:	88860
    (I'm holding a Leica R7 with 50 Summicron lens, loaded with Fuji NPH400)
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 05-31-2014 at 04:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin