Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,675   Online: 1143

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

autumnbokeh - introduction

Hello! I'm new here. I'm sixteen years old and new to film photography. I'm fascinated by a number of analog formats (one of my most prized possessions is a VHS camcorder manufactured in 1987), but haven't really worked with film much due to the expense of having it printed.

However, my income has grown a bit over the past few months, so I'm permitting myself to begin exploring the mysterious ways of 35mm. I particularly like the look of expired film, poorly stored with all kinds of idiosyncrasies.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning things I never thought I'd know.

xoxo autumnbokeh xoxo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, autumnbokeh. Experimentation is what this is all about. Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A warm welcome to APUG!. For C-41 film you could go to Costco, they're reasonable. You can develop B&W by yourself.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! Nice to see younger people picking up film. Seems like a lot of the shops these days set out expired c-41 film and I have found a lot of it in convenience stores lately. You could probably get it at a discount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a welcome from further up the Left Coast. If "experimentation" is your interest, be sure to check out - and join in the dialogue - of the various specialized groups. Looking for expired film? Check out the for sale/for trade threads on the site; you can find some interesting items from time to time (there is also that auction site that folks here seem to have a love/hate relationship with...).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome! Cool nick name, by the way!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Please do continue your experiments, and we look forward to seeing them here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG! Great to have the future generation with us in the analog country.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin