Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,738   Online: 883

Shooter
    Multi Format

Advice for AGFA films

Hello APUG users, i am looking for advice and suggestions for AGFA films to buy. Please post links of sites where i can purchase. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up Freestyle. BTW welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG , IMHO Agfa APX is the best bw film in the World. If you decide to shoot bw and development done by others , there is APUG supporters list at somewhere on the site. For 10 dollars or so , you get film , scan cd and online files.

There is mixed experiences for AGFA color films and Kodak Portra or Fuji Velvia does the job better.

Agfa Brovira and Portriga bw papers are legendary and finding is difficult.

And if you dont want to spend too much on heavy cameras and get Leica lens quality , Minox B and its film is also AGFA APX.

There is miniature film factory for fresh bw film at AGFA and I dont know its use with Minox but I will open a thread for that.

Agfa Rodinal is a special developer and you can buy it in different names.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APX is a strange animal that is available to some, and not to others. I have a small nest-egg of frozen APX25 that I acquired in the past two months, as well as a brick or two of APX 100. I find 100 exposed at ASA64 and devved in Rodinal 1:50 is a really wonderful combination.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    There is miniature film factory for fresh bw film at AGFA and I dont know its use with Minox but I will open a thread for that.
    What Umut refers to is microfilm. And there is no special factory for it. It is made together with their other films.

The stocks of the late Agfa APX (branded as AgfaPhoto APX) are shrinking. The distributor announced a different film to be introduced as AgfaPhoto APX the next months.

A great deal of current Agfa films is converted to consumer formats by Maco and offered under the brand Rollei.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    APX is a strange animal that is available to some, and not to others. I have a small nest-egg of frozen APX25 that I acquired in the past two months, as well as a brick or two of APX 100. I find 100 exposed at ASA64 and devved in Rodinal 1:50 is a really wonderful combination.
    I'm happy to hear you have a stash of the APX-25. Northstar5150, this is a "no-longer-produced" film which people have private stashes of the old stuff. It is always a pleasure to shoot, develop and print the very slowest fine-grain film, when you want to see what black and white photography can deliver.

Chris, I also find my APX-100 speed is between 64 and 80. It's nice to hear a corroborating tale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, yes! I was really fortunate to be given about 30-35 rolls of the APX25 when I picked up my V35 and CPP2 back in June...a real treasure...

Totally agree with you on the 64-80 speed, my negatives always seem a little lacking in weight if I work at 100/125 without pushing the dev to compensate. This may not be the case with D76 or Xtol, I don't know, but is definitely the case for me with Rodinal.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adox got machines and staff from Agfa. If you like APX 100 you should try their Silvermax (based on APX 100).
    Agfa films can be ordered from http://fotoimpex.de/ (APX 100 and APX 400)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adox got machinery from a variety of manufacturers in the photochemical industry.

What you most probably refering to is their collaboration with a general coating company that indeed is a spin off from Agfa.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin