Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,561   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello & Thank You

I just wanted to make my first post on APUG a hello and thank you. I have just developed my first roll of black & white film since I was in high school, about 16 years ago, and the posts of the members of this site were a great help in getting back up to speed. I have no idea how well they have turned out because I have no immediate way of scanning or printing them. That is the next project to work out.

I have only been shooting as a dedicated hobby for just over a year and really regret coming to it so late. Admittedly I started up with photography because digital made it so accessible. It was also a way of encouraging me to travel and get out and about, and that's worked very well so far. Although I will continue to shoot digital I am returning to film because there is too much temptation to be lazy with a DSLR and fix things in post.

Shooting film is really slowing me down and making me think about the kinds of images I want to make. It is also very satisfying to work with your own hands rather than rely on some maths genius employed by Canon or Adobe.

So hello and thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's never too late. You've got a good deal of time ahead to make more mistakes and have the error of your ways gently corrected by the knowledgeable masters of APUG. I have certainly learned a lot here. Welcome aboard.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    since I was in high school, about 36 years ago

EDIT - and I should add, Welcome to APUG. I've only been at it a couple of years and am also a d***l refugee /EDIT
    Last edited by mr rusty; 08-16-2013 at 09:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello and welcome to APUG from the land up over! (Men At Work are surely groaning in their sleep from that one... although they might be before your time).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there, just joined myself.

(that sentence looks weird, as though I had fallen apart, or had schizophrenia)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    am also a d***l refugee /EDIT
    haha I think I'll adopt the way of typing d***l as if it were invective.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Hello and welcome to APUG from the land up over!
    Nice one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    welcome back from the dark side -- your problem of making prints can be easier to solve than you might imagine -- nose around Craigs list or any local free classified ads and you will find entire darkrooms for sale for small-ish amounts of money. Heck, let it be known generally you are interested, folks will probably call and offer the stuff for free.

And thrift stores, of course, often have stuff.

Have fun, you won't regret it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin