Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,657   Online: 792

Shooter
    35mm

New here and relatively new to analog.

Just a quick little introduction. I've been shooting for a while, but have just started buying more film gear. Mostly try to pick stuff up and big lots and dig through it, as I find it fun and have found some gems. Want to get into more film photography, too, but need to start developing my own stuff before I really get into it. Anyway, I shoot primarily automotive stuff when I'm shooting digital and mostly landscape and concerts when I'm shooting film. An outdated sampling of my photos can be found here. http://patrickernzen.com/photography.html

Joined because I was referred to this site's users as being some of the most knowledgeable out there. Always interesting to get people's takes on various things and I enjoy clicking through stuff like the Antiques and Collecting forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG !

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Patrick,
    Welcome to APUG. you can find a lot of info here on anything about cameras, film, processing, ....
    Developing isn't that hard to do at home. You can even do it in a kitchen: you don't have to get a darkroom right away
    if you're not gonna print your images yourself. (it's also fun to do, though).
    You have some very nice images on your website. Are all these images digital or also some analogue?

"Have fun and catch that lightbeam"
    Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. You can check your local library. Look up your college or art center.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Patrick! The general tone here is remarkably helpful and positive, and you're right in thinking that these people know a lot. They've helped me numerous times over the past few years. Good luck on your rummaging and collecting. Just be aware, it can become an obsession without you even knowing it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Patrick,
    Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Pat.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hello Patrick,
    Welcome to APUG. you can find a lot of info here on anything about cameras, film, processing, ....
    Developing isn't that hard to do at home. You can even do it in a kitchen: you don't have to get a darkroom right away
    if you're not gonna print your images yourself. (it's also fun to do, though).
    You have some very nice images on your website. Are all these images digital or also some analogue?

"Have fun and catch that lightbeam"
    Bert from Holland
    Thanks! I actually already have most if not all of the equipment for developing black and white film at home, but I don't have the chemicals and haven't given it a try just yet. As for the photos on my site, most are digital, but some are film. Everything in the left column is shot with an old Canon PELLIX QL with a broken (stuck wide open) 50 1.4. I really like using the camera, but for whatever reason it recently jammed out of the blue while sitting on my shelf. No idea how it happened, but I have a number of other 35mm SLRs and rangefinders that I need to try out, anyway.

And thanks for the welcomes, everyone else!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin