Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,770   Online: 1076

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

New to Photography - Newer to Film

After having a general interest in photography for several years, I took my first actual step into the craft only a few months ago with the purchase of an Olympus E-M5 and several prime lenses. The opportunity to try film presented itself a few weeks later in the form of a Canon AE-1 at a local antique shop. After receiving my first set of prints I was hooked on the look of prints from film. I look forward to learning more about photography from the many talented members of APUG, along with venturing into medium format with a Mamiya 645 Pro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you can learn a lot here. I know that I do and I've been into photography for many many years. It's good to meet you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

You chose an excellent APUG user name.

Hope you enjoy it here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Nathan. You'll find APUG a great resource.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome, Nathan. You've definitely found a great place to have questions answered and mountains and mountains of resources in the message boards of the last eleven years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from the Left Coast, Nathan, and welcome to APUG. You will find the site a wealth of information, populated as it is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic crowd. Read on, join in and enjoy!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Nathan,

Welcome to APUG, This is a big family and hug every newçomer and any question with great care. You will be needed to develop your own film and print and new cameras , lenses , films , developers , papers , enlargers , their lenses and alternative processes you can start and success .
    I want to remind you if you become a subscriber with pay pal or credit card , 10 dollars or so for per year , you can buy any imaginable need from trusted people. You can sell or trade also. And gallery is excellent and you can see what is your cameras are capable to. Mamiya , what an amazing camera , there are jaw dropping quality images at the gallery. At gallery , everyone put which lens to paper to developer is used at the final. You can copy combinations you are happy with.

Take care,
    Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin