Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,132   Online: 904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hi there from Portugal

Hi,
    My name is Raul (Carneiro Martins) and I am presenting myself for the first time to this community. I started with film (ok, now you know I'm not that young), stopped photography altogether when married and had kids, then started back with digital at full strength with a full frame . Got fed of the digital franzy and the obscene amount of hours seated staring glaringly at a screen and returned to my moldy roots, good old opto-chemical stuff. Restarted with the 135 format, then on to the 120 format, and now for over a year and a half at the 4x5. Started developing B&W, then enlarging, after a while got onto C41 processes and to RA-4. I have also tried a little bit of Pt/Pd. I have yet to tackle E6, but I already have the chemistry - I'm just lacking the motivation for E6 since my envisioned images I feel should go to paper. I still shoot digitally, but only on certain occasions like social events, kid's events and work related assignments. For everything else what gives me thorough pleasure is the palpable craftsmanship that goes behind opto-chemical processing.
    While I have never posted here before, I have posted on the LFF so some of you might know me from there.
    Unfortunately I was never given the chance of doing photography for a living, but photography is not a hobby for me. It is a part of what I am and I what want to be as a person. I guess I just discovered it a bit late...
    cheers
    raul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let me be the first to welcome you to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome Raul to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Do you know anything about the Leica factory in Portugal? Chip

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Excellent question.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you all for your warm welcome. I appreciate. Sure hope I can contribute to the dynamism of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    Well, I don't work there, and actually have never been there. That said I can give you some rough facts available from governmental sources and from Leica reports in Portugal:
    - The factory was established in Portugal in 1973
    - March 2013, commemorating their 40th anniversary in Portugal, Leica decided to create a new much bigger factory (50000 m^2) not far from the old one
    - They currently have around 720 workers
    - Last year they produced, and these are gross figures, 40k binoculars, 15k photographic lenses, 4k telescopic lens and 20k cameras
    - The M9 is produced in this new factory and requires the assembly of more than 1220 parts

raul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Raul.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome! You live in a beautiful country. Love Lisbon and Anadia. Great place to travel and take pictures. Miss the Pastel de nata.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Raul. Chip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin