Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,840   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for warm welcome everyone. I have considered hunting on the bay for a Rolleiflex or Rolleicord but last time I looked they were ridiculously inflated with collector as opposed to shooter prices. Also have had a few interesting experiences with buying stuff based on a picture on line and not all of them good. Like I have a lens off of a Soviet Kiev 90 that is so rare most people have never even heard of them. Only a few thousand were ever made in the FSU and well I have a lens that won't fit anything for a camera that is substandard and rarer then hens teeth because the seller had no clue what they were selling (took me months of digging to figure out what it was as is). Anyway, one that I did pick up on a whim on Ebay for dirt cheap and kind of find myself liking is an old Richter Reflekta II and the model I have is pretty much in mint condition. I have a feeling someone living in the GDR got one as a present and forgot about it for half a century. The only thing with it is the mirror is a bit dirty but I can get that cleaned. Even has the original case and the leatherette is perfect. The glue that held it on is going though. I also have a mostly working Ciro Flex that I am rather fond of. I like odd and quirky cameras and the Relekta in particular fits the bill. The viewfinder is a bit dim but I am given to understand so were Rolleis of that period and was a matter of technology not quality. I love the TLR for street photography. Either people have no clue what it is or they think it is a cool novelty and are happy to have their picture taken. Not like with an SLR and people kind of look at you like you are shady.
    Photography addict with a serious case of GAS. Several 35mm cameras including a Pentax P3, A Nikon FM, Canon T70, and two FEDs (3 &5) A Koni Omega Rapid 100, Kiev 6C, Richter Reflecta II, Lubitel 166, ATOMS AIGLON, Ciro Flex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Dan; welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Locally I have seen both a Mamiya C33 and a Yashica 124G for sale. Anyone have any thoughts on these two cameras? I am mostly into street photography right now so I am kind of hesitant about the Mamiya since it is a bit bigger and clunkier like it was meant more as a studio camera.
    Photography addict with a serious case of GAS. Several 35mm cameras including a Pentax P3, A Nikon FM, Canon T70, and two FEDs (3 &5) A Koni Omega Rapid 100, Kiev 6C, Richter Reflecta II, Lubitel 166, ATOMS AIGLON, Ciro Flex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegTLRFan View Post
    Locally I have seen both a Mamiya C33 and a Yashica 124G for sale. Anyone have any thoughts on these two cameras? I am mostly into street photography right now so I am kind of hesitant about the Mamiya since it is a bit bigger and clunkier like it was meant more as a studio camera.
    I'm a big fan of the Mamiya TLRs if you intend to take advantage of lens interchangeability.

A camera with one lens is fairly large.

A camera with two or three lenses makes for a portable kit. In my case, I've settled on a C330 plus 65mm and 135mm lenses. In the past I've had as many as four lenses, and used to use them for weddings.

I would suggest a C330 or C220 instead though - the C33 is quite old.

If you intend to stay with a single, standard lens the Yashica is nicely compact.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=WinnipegTLRFan;1561279]
    Hello everyone, My name is Dan [snip]

Welcome Dan.

Spent a whole winter month in Winterpeg one bloody cold weekend a number of years ago... then found it is not the only Cold and/or Windy City west of the Ontario border.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin