Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,932   Online: 954

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Newest of the Frozen Chosen in the Great White North

Hello everyone,

My name is Dan and I hail from Winnipeg, MB in Canada aka Winterpeg. As my username suggests I have developed quite a fascination and love for the TLR. I suppose since it was the camera that I developed my very first film roll and first print from might have part of it's charm for me but I also love the simplicity and antique look of them. I suppose I am as much a collector as I am a photographer. As much as possible though I do try and restrict my collection to working cameras because I love to shoot with them as much as display them. Not a fan of wall hangers. That being said I have a Agfa/Ansco Viking and a Moskva 2 that need some work. I also shoot with a Koni Omega Rapid 100 and a Kiev 6c MF SLR on the 120 side of things. I also have Nikon FM, T70 Canon, and a Pentax P3 for the 35mm SLR range. I also have 2 Soviet FEDs and a beautiful Voightlander Vito I. As for Large format I have a 4x5 Pinhole and a 9x12 Errnamann Heig 0 plate camera which is still in perfect working order.

Anyway I hope to get to know everyone and hopefully share some pictures, experience, thoughts and advice. As for my shooting style I love landscape and street photography and find myself inspired by everyone from Ansel Adams, to Henri Cartier Brisson, to Vivian Maiers (love her street photography with a TLR although a Rollei is way outside my budget atm).
    Photography addict with a serious case of GAS. Several 35mm cameras including a Pentax P3, A Nikon FM, Canon T70, and two FEDs (3 &5) A Koni Omega Rapid 100, Kiev 6C, Richter Reflecta II, Lubitel 166, ATOMS AIGLON, Ciro Flex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome; You can get real working Rolleiflexes starting at about $200. It's the rolleiflex automat. I like them better then a rolleicord. I like the yashica TLRs too.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug. Rollei Standards can be found for under 200$ as can Tessar Ikoflex' that are just as good as Rolleiflexes and were W. Eugene Smith's favourite cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome to APUG

I escaped Winnipeg when I was five years old

The only Rolleiflex I have ever used was a Model T which I did not like as much as my Rolleichord VB but that might just be because I am much more familiar with it than the T.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Dan and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dan, from the unfrozen south-west corner of Canada.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG from another Left Coaster. I last passed through "Winterpeg" on my way to Kingston, ON (Queen's); the former was the only city that I found even less impressive than "Deadmonton."
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lots of good TLRs out there - the Minolta Autocord is another one worth considering. I just sold mine a few months ago; I just wasn't using it enough.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Dan! Hope things are well down there in balmy southern Canada.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin