Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,841   Online: 893

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

The World Upside Down - Kickstarter Project by Lee Smathers

You better hurry.... It's almost ordering time....

11x14 Ektar100 special order...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...31324393576850
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Nice, now you'll just have to eat learn some woodworking and build yourself a split back
    he owns a 7x17 camera. he's going to order film that fits into it, not 11x14. I don't see a reason to derail his thread.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    he owns a 7x17 camera. he's going to order film that fits into it, not 11x14. I don't see a reason to derail his thread.
    He said he might go with the 11x14 split back option, so I was letting him know about a film purchase in that size that's already happening. It's called being helpful and sharing information and resources... I have no stake in the 11x14 purchase I just figured if he goes with the split back option, he could go in on an already established special order so he doesn't have to struggle to organize others for a separate special order.

These kinds of special orders don't happen often and once everyone is full up of the 11x14, it will be at least a year before people are ready for a second buy in of that film as many would already have it... just thinking ahead, not derailing the thread at all.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SNIP SNIP SNIP

He said he might go with the 11x14 split back option, so I was letting him know about a film purchase in that size that's already happening.
    READ WHAT HE SAID

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Smathers View Post
    Then I'd have to buy a 11x14 camera, splitting back, and a special order for 11x14 film. I have a 7x17 camera, so I might as well use it.
    ==============
    ==============

hey lee, great to see you here!

good luck with your project, i will do my best to scrape up some cash to send it your way --

john ( the graflex 3a guy )
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, you're NOT THINKING. You're just posting bs just to post. Trying to hit 4000 by lunch?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    No, you're NOT THINKING. You're just posting bs just to post. Trying to hit 4000 by lunch?
    As john pointed out I miss reads single word that caused me to miss understand... I read "I'd" for "I'll" and I thought he was going to make a split back that could attach to his current camera and was saying he would still be able to use his camera with my suggestion.

Obviously I missunderstood.

Sorry.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As john pointed out I miss reads single word that caused me to miss understand... I read "I'd" for "I'll" and I thought he was going to make a split back that could attach to his current camera and was saying he would still be able to use his camera with my suggestion.

Obviously I missunderstood.

Sorry.
    Thanks for your comments Stone, you're just trying to help. I appreciate your comments and attention to my thread.
    -Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post

hey lee, great to see you here!

good luck with your project,

john ( the graflex 3a guy )
    Hey John, long time to chat! Thanks for the best wishes on this project! I need it! Things don't look so optimistic, but it's not over until the fat lady sings! I'm having difficulty trying to break into the Korean (domestic and overseas) audiences and social networks. My brother-in-law is trying to help me, lets hope we can get some big support in before the Dec. 15 deadline!

Hope you're doing well!
    -Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wish you the best of luck. However most art related kickstarter campaigns don't make their goal and you are asking for a lot more $$ then most art projects on kickstartet.

I know you want color film, but have you considered going B&W and using X-ray film.
    http://www.wholesalexrayfilm.com/sto...cb2e3a0be58de2
    Cut the sheets in half and you have 200 shoots of film for $90.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lee, we're all pull in' for ya. Keep your light tight. And welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin