Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,112   Online: 1155

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Dresden, Germany!

Hello everybody! I'm a high school student from Germany and amateur photographer since a couple of years. I was an exchange student in Albuquerque, NM where I learned pretty much everything I know about analog photography. I spent many hours in the darkroom and studio messing around with all the cool stuff that nobody else ever used. (Large format, instant film, cyanotype, gum bichromate, ...) Most of the times I use my Kiev 88 but of course I also have a German Exacta camera ( because those were produced in Dresden )
    As soon as I can clear up some space in our garage to set up a little darkroom I'll try making some (color) carbon prints. At first I deemed this to be impossible to do in Germany since it's illegal here to buy dichromates, but then I found out about the Diazo sensitizer so I'll give that a try.
    I'm also doing a lot of digital stuff, I can't afford only shooting analog.
    Last edited by Jonas Weckschmied; 11-24-2013 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

At 11, I think you may be the youngest here!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My last sentence was a little misleading, I'm actually not 11 anymore, but that's when I started with digital photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Jonas and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome Jonas! My son got started with digital photography (a Kodak point and shoot which he still has) at age 11. He got started in film photography at age 12, and is now 13. He loves seeing slides projected. I understand quite a few people are shooting slide (transparency) film in Germany.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wilkommen in APUG! Es gibt viel Spass mit Film-Kamera fotografie hier!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

Jeff

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Willkommen!

Dichromates are not illegal to buy in Germany. But their sale as pure substance to private consumers is prohibited meanwhile. In practice this may turn out the same though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I start with film at age 11.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin