Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,366   Online: 1014

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was making a joke
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I find HDTV's presents HD photos very well because they are backlit. The other advantage is it's easy to just switch on a
    slide show on the HDTV before your guests become aware what you're up too. With slide projectors, as soon as your guests see you pull out the projector to show them 30 minutes of your last boring vacation, they get a sudden headache, grab their coat and tell you they have to go home to rest, even skipping the great desert you prepared. With HDTV's, you slip it in during the half time out.
    Oddly enough I did a slide show this past weekend with a full tray of 80 slides and had people not only looking forward to it but asking if I didn't have more and calling it awesome.

Reasons for this were partly the novelty these days, the impact of projected slides, and the fact I was documenting in slides activities the entire group had participated in over the past year. The "run for the hills, he's going for the projector" reaction is something I just never see anymore replaced now by appreciation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The other thing HDTVs can do well is stereo. You can shoot stereo chromes (or whatever), scan them, convert them to MPO files and show 3D images to a room full of people. Much easier to convince people to put some glasses on and look up at the wall together than to look into a little box one at a time.

And no you don't need a stereo camera to shoot stereo unless the subject is moving. You can shoot stereo landscapes with a tripod and macro rail to give left/right camera shift.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    HDTV works well for slides if you like a great loss in contrast and your colors muted. The use of HDTV for slides shows that one likes to spend money and does not understand a damned thing about slides. So if you are ok with that, swallow your pride, go ahead and use HDTV, please.

I am not just sayin'. I am saying loud and clear. If you are offended, then we know what you opinion is worth so keep it to yourself.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    you slide projector guys are funny.
    how will the OP sell framed matted "gallery prints"
    from a slide that is being projected ...
    dupe the slide and sell a projector with it ?

while it may be true, there is nothing like a projected slide .. it won't really help the OP with the issue at hand.

i'd go with larry, garry, and kintatsu advice ...

drum scans and a close relationship with the lab, and / or the traditional printer in germany seem like the best route.

unless of course the these respondents are suggesting the OP sell a series peep shows of his work .. you know 400$ a peep of his projected slides ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never said not to make prints from slides. I said that if you are going to project a slide or worse yet put a slide on a CRT, then you are losing the best part of the slides.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And personally if framed mounted gallery prints are my objective from the start I will shoot negative film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin