Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,291   Online: 807

Shooter
    Multi Format

I figure that it's time to say Hi

I'm strictly a hobbyist, technically minded but try and keep my artistic side well fed.

My first darkroom was at 15 and it was my father's. I didn't do much there but watch what he did on occasion and the knowledge sunk in. My first camera was my grandfather's Leica that I borrowed.

Later at 18 I built a darkroom of my own using parts scavenged from my father's old one that he had stopped using. Still with the Leica I did a bunch of 35mm pics of my friends, the occasional trip and a bunch of abstract stuff on a combination of Tri-X, Plus-X and Tech Pan in a combination of D76, HC110 and Microdol with one failed foray into Rodinal.

Now at 50 I'm building a new, small bathroom darkroom and find myself here I still have my grandfather's Leica and have kept it dry and in shape all this time. We can talk about my idiosyncratic darkroom later. I'm just at the point of calibrating for Xtol and various Foma/HP5/Tri-x setups.

I've since added some toys to my film collection:

1944 Graflex Combat Graphic (aka "Graphic 45") in olive drab that I'm slowly restoring.

1953 Graflex Pacemaker Crown Graphic 4x5 that I picked up to restore. Easy work and I liked it so much now that I'm nearly done cleaning/lubing that I gave it a tele-optar for an early Christmas present this year.

Finally a 1962 Century Graphic and a 6x9 back that needs a little cosmetic work but otherwise is in great mechanical shape.

So... HI

- Patrick

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Patrick, welcome to APUG. It is good to have you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Patrick and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am happy to know You have a old Leica and you used 35 years. What a camera and lens, isnt it ? Your other cameras are great also , an Leica user deserves them.

Welcome to APUG. Will nice to see your Leica Kodachrome scans .

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to the APUG jungle!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome and glad you are part of the happy Analog band.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    old Leica and you used 35 years. What a camera and lens, isnt it ? Your other cameras are great
    It's an M3 double-stroke from the mid 1950's, the only lens I have is a Summicron 5cm 1:2 Dual Range that came with it when he bought it. I unfortunately don't have the eyepiece that slides onto the little ledge to bring it into close range, I'll eventually track one down.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Patrick.
    Charles Hohenstein

Images
    Good Evening, Patrick,

Welcome from southwestern Illinois.

Konical

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin