Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,461   Posts: 1,597,435   Online: 855

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a former New Englander! (and New Englander at heart)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, a lot of new englanders here! That's always a great.

A little more about myself, I originally posted on an iPad and I can't type on that damn thing.

I graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine in 2007 where I was an art major but actually was a painter. I was making simple geometric color studies on wood and needed to have them constantly photographed for portfolio reviews with curators and such. At some point, I ran out of money and foolishly proclaimed that I could "just do it myself". I threw down some money on a DSLR and glass and went to town... I had no idea what the M was (shows how foolish I was) and here I am now at 28 making wet plates, shooting 35mm, 120, 4x5, and starting to work in 8x10 film. Long road, lots of lessons learned, serious bouts of GAS along the way, and finally in a great place.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    an example of my previous work, still looking to get back into painting after several years away from it. I finally have adequate studio space now and am taking full advantage of it now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aids_exh08_duarte.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	79253

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duarte_aidsexh2007.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	79254
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    Wow, a lot of new englanders here! That's always a great.

A little more about myself, I originally posted on an iPad and I can't type on that damn thing.

I graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine in 2007 where I was an art major but actually was a painter. I was making simple geometric color studies on wood and needed to have them constantly photographed for portfolio reviews with curators and such. At some point, I ran out of money and foolishly proclaimed that I could "just do it myself". I threw down some money on a DSLR and glass and went to town... I had no idea what the M was (shows how foolish I was) and here I am now at 28 making wet plates, shooting 35mm, 120, 4x5, and starting to work in 8x10 film. Long road, lots of lessons learned, serious bouts of GAS along the way, and finally in a great place.
    Cool story! Finally a young LF'er!! I'm 31 and was probably the youngest here by a decade or two who shot LF

There was one kid who was 15 shooting 35mm, that was fun to see, but mostly old farts lamenting about the good ole' days (and lots of knowledge to share if you listen).

Welcome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No lamenting here, and a lot of LF stuff going on in the Boston area (from just south of Boston)

bill h

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bill h View Post
    No lamenting here, and a lot of LF stuff going on in the Boston area (from just south of Boston)

bill h
    Southy LF photography?

Sounds dangerous! Do you drink alcohol out of bellows beer mugs, and then bash each other with the lenses after for fun? LOL

You must be... wicked tough kid...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Southy LF photography?

Sounds dangerous! Do you drink alcohol out of bellows beer mugs, and then bash each other with the lenses after for fun? LOL

You must be... wicked tough kid...

lol, I grew up in West Roxbury which is where Irish people move to once they've "made it"....

It's good to see welcoming folks here! I joined a few "meet up" groups around the area and it's been fun so far. I swear that 90% of the people I know and come across fall into two camps: 1.) wait, why don't you just use your iPhone? 2.) wait, they still make film?

It's pretty frustrating.

Or, 3.) wow, that's a great photograph... you must have a wicked expensive camera.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Welcome from the suburbs of Boston.
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    lol, I grew up in West Roxbury which is where Irish people move to once they've "made it"....

It's good to see welcoming folks here! I joined a few "meet up" groups around the area and it's been fun so far. I swear that 90% of the people I know and come across fall into two camps: 1.) wait, why don't you just use your iPhone? 2.) wait, they still make film?

It's pretty frustrating.

Or, 3.) wow, that's a great photograph... you must have a wicked expensive camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    great to see you here !
    i used to work for an archaeology firm in littleton
    im a LF &c shooter south of you in RI ..

nice work ( photography and painting ( im fond of de stijl + early 20th century kind of stuff myself )!
    john

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin