Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,461   Posts: 1,597,435   Online: 855
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    winger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Page County, IA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,539
    Images
    47
    Welcome from a former New Englander! (and New Englander at heart)

  2. #12
    dodphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    183
    Wow, a lot of new englanders here! That's always a great.

    A little more about myself, I originally posted on an iPad and I can't type on that damn thing.

    I graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine in 2007 where I was an art major but actually was a painter. I was making simple geometric color studies on wood and needed to have them constantly photographed for portfolio reviews with curators and such. At some point, I ran out of money and foolishly proclaimed that I could "just do it myself". I threw down some money on a DSLR and glass and went to town... I had no idea what the M was (shows how foolish I was) and here I am now at 28 making wet plates, shooting 35mm, 120, 4x5, and starting to work in 8x10 film. Long road, lots of lessons learned, serious bouts of GAS along the way, and finally in a great place.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

  3. #13
    dodphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    183
    an example of my previous work, still looking to get back into painting after several years away from it. I finally have adequate studio space now and am taking full advantage of it now.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aids_exh08_duarte.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	79253

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duarte_aidsexh2007.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	79254
    Daniel-Duarte.com

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    Wow, a lot of new englanders here! That's always a great.

    A little more about myself, I originally posted on an iPad and I can't type on that damn thing.

    I graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine in 2007 where I was an art major but actually was a painter. I was making simple geometric color studies on wood and needed to have them constantly photographed for portfolio reviews with curators and such. At some point, I ran out of money and foolishly proclaimed that I could "just do it myself". I threw down some money on a DSLR and glass and went to town... I had no idea what the M was (shows how foolish I was) and here I am now at 28 making wet plates, shooting 35mm, 120, 4x5, and starting to work in 8x10 film. Long road, lots of lessons learned, serious bouts of GAS along the way, and finally in a great place.
    Cool story! Finally a young LF'er!! I'm 31 and was probably the youngest here by a decade or two who shot LF

    There was one kid who was 15 shooting 35mm, that was fun to see, but mostly old farts lamenting about the good ole' days (and lots of knowledge to share if you listen).

    Welcome

  5. #15
    bill h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Plymouth MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    314
    Images
    224
    No lamenting here, and a lot of LF stuff going on in the Boston area (from just south of Boston)

    bill h

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by bill h View Post
    No lamenting here, and a lot of LF stuff going on in the Boston area (from just south of Boston)

    bill h
    Southy LF photography?

    Sounds dangerous! Do you drink alcohol out of bellows beer mugs, and then bash each other with the lenses after for fun? LOL

    You must be... wicked tough kid...


  7. #17
    dodphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Southy LF photography?

    Sounds dangerous! Do you drink alcohol out of bellows beer mugs, and then bash each other with the lenses after for fun? LOL

    You must be... wicked tough kid...

    lol, I grew up in West Roxbury which is where Irish people move to once they've "made it"....

    It's good to see welcoming folks here! I joined a few "meet up" groups around the area and it's been fun so far. I swear that 90% of the people I know and come across fall into two camps: 1.) wait, why don't you just use your iPhone? 2.) wait, they still make film?

    It's pretty frustrating.

    Or, 3.) wow, that's a great photograph... you must have a wicked expensive camera.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

  8. #18
    dodphotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Welcome from the suburbs of Boston.
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    Daniel-Duarte.com

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    lol, I grew up in West Roxbury which is where Irish people move to once they've "made it"....

    It's good to see welcoming folks here! I joined a few "meet up" groups around the area and it's been fun so far. I swear that 90% of the people I know and come across fall into two camps: 1.) wait, why don't you just use your iPhone? 2.) wait, they still make film?

    It's pretty frustrating.

    Or, 3.) wow, that's a great photograph... you must have a wicked expensive camera.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,992
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    great to see you here !
    i used to work for an archaeology firm in littleton
    im a LF &c shooter south of you in RI ..

    nice work ( photography and painting ( im fond of de stijl + early 20th century kind of stuff myself )!
    john

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin