Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,843   Online: 774

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's an archeology firm here? Wow... That's pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    There's an archeology firm here? Wow... That's pretty cool!

yep
    Last edited by jnanian; 12-31-2013 at 05:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    I had a studio space in Littleton for about a year and a half in the mill building next to Littleton Lumber. That archeology firm is in the same building. I'm in Concord now. Keep an eye on the regional forums, we have the occasional APUG gathering, and I like your story about finding photography!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks... I'm officially a suburbanite. I live out in Littleton out in the "metrowest" off Rt2.
    I used to work in Sudbury and most of the lab where I worked has now moved to Maynard - not that far from Littleton. Along rt 2 somewhere around there is a cool spot with trees growing in a swamp. I always meant to find a place I could stop and shoot them, but never did.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh wow, that's fantastic.

I recently joined a meetup group in Maynard, a pretty wide range of photography skills. Some professionals and some complete new users. We bring in a hot stick of work over a months span and discuss what we were trying to accomplish.

It's always nice meeting people locally so keep me posted!

Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel, I came to photography as a painter as well. There are quite few of us, I think. I'd suggest you might want to join PHSNE, the Photographic Historical Society of New England. We're meeting here this Sunday and, while this week's program may not be all that central to what you want to do, the collective photographic intelligence that gathers at each meeting is impressive. We also run the Photographica shows twice every year–the best place to buy equipment you can imagine. The meetings are free and open to all.

Disclaimer: I have just become the president of this group and am anything by un-biased.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I used to work in Sudbury and most of the lab where I worked has now moved to Maynard - not that far from Littleton. Along rt 2 somewhere around there is a cool spot with trees growing in a swamp. I always meant to find a place I could stop and shoot them, but never did.
    I've seen people stopped on the shoulder of Rt. 2 with binoculars looking at that cool swampy area. I think they were looking for birds, never seen a photographer with a tri-pod there... of course the speed limit is 55 at that point, so naturally the flow of traffic is running around 75, which means it's just not that safe to stop and take a look right there (always thought those birders I've seen were nuts), but I've never quite figured out if there's another place to see that swamp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen people stopped on the shoulder of Rt. 2 with binoculars looking at that cool swampy area. I think they were looking for birds
    If you're talking about the wetland just east of 495, the birds they were often watching were herons. It was a Great Blue Heron rookery for many years...amazing watching those suckers land in a tree! There is an unfenced shoulder area just before the actual wetland coming east where you can pull all the way off the highway and walk to get a view (no other place from which to see them really), but the birds have moved on. Last year I saw no nests at all. It's a beaver swamp that was in the news for quite awhile around here because the man who owns the land was really pissed at the beavers for putting the whole area under water. He wanted them killed or moved. Town said no, state said no, the man gave up, but I don't know what he has done about the land. I think I'd try to get a tax break out of it if the state would take it as a donation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    I had a studio space in Littleton for about a year and a half in the mill building next to Littleton Lumber. That archeology firm is in the same building. I'm in Concord now. Keep an eye on the regional forums, we have the occasional APUG gathering, and I like your story about finding photography!
    hi suzanne ..
    are they still there? i know they were bought out by another firmseveral years ago ...
    with different regional offices&c.

i was under the impression michael closed that office ..

its been a while ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUGland from another LFer!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin