Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,068   Online: 876

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello from deepest Essex

I'm returning to film photography after a gap of many, many years. I used to use a Zorki 4K which was a Xmas present in the 80's.
    I no longer have the Zorki but now own two Voigtlanders, a Vito B and a Bessa. I intend to use primarily b&w film
    My brother was a big fan of analogue photography, was a member of apug, owned many film cameras, did his own developing and would preach the advantages of film over digital at every opportunity.
    Unfortunately he passed away in December and by way of a tribute to him I'm returning to film for my church architecture photography which I would usually use a digital camera for.
    It's going to be a steep learning curve but I'm looking forward to both the challenge and the results.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I feel sad for your brother. Could you please share his name ? May be I remember him Your cameras are excellent . Ilford is a UK based photographic papers , films and chemical makers and you can find huge selections of products from them. If you want they can process your film and print on paper. There is a lot of information at their site. They are supporting this site and Simon will be your after sales problems man here. May be if you post your ideal pictures here , we can advise you on development , film selection , filter selection , paper , enlarger filter selection.
    If you want , I can email you pdf books on all aspects of film photography to your e mail address. Every book will be around 24 mb size and you will be needed lot of space at your inbox.
    PM me your email and books are yours.

Best wishes and take care,
    Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Rich and deepest condonlances regarding your brother.

You will find a lot of folks willing to help in your learning experience here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Rich. Returning to film as a tribute to your brother is a nice gesture which I'm sure he would have approved of.

If you have any queries regarding using film, this is the perfect place to ask.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Rich.

Your brother Andy was a great contributor here, and will be sorely missed. We hope you will get as much from APUG as Andy obviously did.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome Rich. I was very sad to hear about Andy, and so pleased to hear that you have been inspired to enter the world of film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Again, welcome to the family, Rick. We'll treat you like family and make you wish you weren't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rich, a very warm welcome from western Washington State. This place is also like a family (a very big and raucous family).
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a big welcome to APUGland!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin