Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,780   Online: 839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello all

Hello everyone. I grew up in the final years of wide-use film photography, and never had a good film camera of my own (or what I would call a good digital, for that matter.) I've always been fascinated with film though, and lately have had enough disposable income to make the leap.

Rolleiflexes, to me, have always been one of the sexiest pieces of machinery ever assembled by man. Though I feared I'd never be able to afford one, I lucked out on ebay. An earlier model Automat, it has no bayonet adapter for the viewing lens, and no shutter release safety. It's in somewhat rough outer condition - the leather is extremely dry and the top panel is starting to remove itself; there is also a bit of rust stain slightly obscuring the Rolleiflex name on the face plate. As far as my knowledge of it's function though (admittedly limited), it seems to be sound. I'm unable to measure shutter speeds with any hope for accuracy, but the fastest seems quite fast, and the slowest is quite noticeably very slow. The lenses look very clear, and the back seems to have very good lockup. Oh, and the world looks wonderful through it

I have a Beseler 23C II enlarger in route, also found on ebay. It is without a lamp assembly, but, just as well; I plan on experimenting with compact fluorescent bulbs.

I also have a couple of boxes of film in 100 and 400 iso that I'll play around/test camera with once I've set up shop.

I look forward to speaking with you all, and maybe learning bit in the process.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome aboard Sidewinder. You will find this a very friendly and knowledgeable group. You will enjoy the film journey, I am sure. Don
    Negatives are forever. Memory sticks till the end of the week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where are you located?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys!

Southwest Arkansas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome; I like the automat rolleiflexes the very best.

You might find a LED bulb to be better than CFL; it doesn't need to warm up to function consistently.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to the group. Make yourself at home.

Shooter
    35mm

lucky

You are a lucky guy. I sure wish I had a Rolllei. I had one once, between 1956 and 1972. It went away -- long story -- but I have hundreds of fabulous negatives from it. Enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Sidewinder and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    welcome aboard from the U.K
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin